15–17 May 2019 4th Joint International Symposium on Deformation Monitoring (JISDM 2019)
The School of Rural and Surveying Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) is organizing the 4th Joint International Symposium on Deformation Monitoring (JISDM) in May 15-17, 2019 in Athens.
JISDM carries the 40 years tradition of the FIG and IAG joint symposia in the field of deformation monitoring and more recently the active sponsorship of ISPRS. The symposium aims to connect research in deformation measurement / techniques, analysis and interpretation with advanced practice. Bringing together leading experts from the academia, the industry and representatives from public authorities along with promising young scientists, the symposium is an excellent forum for scientific discussion and interaction.
- QC/QA and optimization techniques in deformation analysis
- New concepts for GNSS-based monitoring
- Point cloud-based space-temporal deformations
- Reference frames and geodynamics
- Vibration monitoring and dynamics
- Ground and spaceborne radar
- Monitoring of cultural heritage
- Deformation monitoring for construction engineering
- Bridge monitoring
- Dam monitoring
- Multi-sensor systems and new concepts for deformation measurements
- UAV for change detection and deformation monitoring
- Monitoring of geohazards
Previous locations of JISDM symposia are Hong Kong (PolyU, 2011), Nottingham (University of Nottingham, 2013) and Vienna (TUV, 2016).
Athens is a city rich in history, culture, and significance. Located at the crossroads of three continents, the capital of Greece has often been the hub of many civilizations spanning a recorded history over 3,400 years. We are looking forward to seeing you in Athens, Greece, during May 15-17, 2019. I hope and strongly believe that JISDM 2019 will be as successful as the previous ones and a memorable experience furnishing everyone a fruitful time, new contacts and a nice stay in Athens.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee it is our great pleasure to welcome you at the 4th JISDM in Athens 15-17 May, 2019.