Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
8–9 June 2020, National Maritime Museum, Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
The 10th International Symposium on Biomining* (Biomining '20), is organised by MEI with Prof Sue Harrison and Dr Chris Bryan.
* Previous events were named the International Symposium on Biohydrometallurgy
Biomining '20 will focus on the latest developments in the field of biohydrometallurgy and bioprocessing: the development, optimisation and application of integrated biomining process operations for mineral ores, including low grade and complex ores; the microbiology of biomining and the application of biohydrometallurgy, bioflotation and other technologies to novel resources (such as mine and electronic wastes) and the (bio)remediation of mining-impacted environments.
- Biomining Process Development:
- Development and optimisation of biohydrometallurgy processes, including sub-processes of biohydrometallurgy, reactor systems, hydrodynamics and modelling
- Associated Unit operations, Up- and Downstream processing (including waste management) etc.
- The Microbiology of Biomining:
- Microbial ecology and succession, both description and kinetics
- Microbial consortia and bioprospecting,
- Certain fundamental aspects.
- Biohydrometallurgy Applications:
- Biomining (i.e. Bioleaching, Biooxidation) applications - both heap and tank
- Novel and potential resources (e.g. electronic and other metallic wastes)
- Bioremediation applications (e.g. the treatment, prevention and prediction of AMD, metal recovery from wastes etc.)
- Other biotechnologies in mining and metallurgical industries.