A section of Mathematics (ISSN 2227-7390).
’Computational Mathematics’’ is a section of the open-access, peer-reviewed journal Mathematics, which publishes original papers of high scientific level in all areas of computational and applied mathematics.
The main interest of ‘’Computational Mathematics’’ is the publication and dissemination of papers that describe and analyze new computational techniques for solving scientific and engineering problems.
This section covers all areas of modern computational mathematics such as numerical linear algebra, numerical optimization, numerical approximation, computational geometry, numerical ODEs and PDEs, and inverse problems. Papers containing new ideas in any of these areas, creative approaches, and/or innovative applications, as well as invited reviews, are expected to appear regularly.
On the other hand, it is also important to analyze the effectiveness and applicability of the methods and algorithms presented and compare them with the existing ones. The computational efficiency (e.g., the convergence, stability, or accuracy) should be proved and illustrated by nontrivial numerical examples.
The audience consists of applied mathematicians, numerical analysts, computational scientists, and engineers. We welcome submissions, and we will do our best for a fast and fair evaluation of all submitted research.
Prof. Dr. Juan R. Torregrosa
- iterative methods
- eigenvalue problems
- nonlinear equations
- nonlinear systems
- inverse problems
- numerical approximation
- quadrature formulas
- matrix algorithms
- ordinary differential equations
- boundary value problems
- partial differential equations
- difference equations
- integral equations
- variational techniques
- modeling curves and surfaces
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Mathematical Methods applied in Power Systems (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- Computational Mathematics, Algorithms, and Data Processing (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- Geometry and Topology in Statistics (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- Recent Advances in Deep Learning (Deadline: 30 June 2020)
- Variational Inequality (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Mathematical Modeling in Biomechanics and Mechanobiology (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Computing Methods in Steganography and Multimedia Security (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Lattice Computing: A Mathematical Modelling Paradigm for Cyber–Physical System Applications (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Numerical Optimization: Mathematical Problems and Applications (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Trends in Modeling and Simulation of Biological Systems (Deadline: 31 August 2020)
- Fractional Integrals and Derivatives: “True” versus “False” (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Intelligent Optimization in Big Data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Evolutionary Computation 2020 (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Numerical Modeling and Analysis (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Stochastic Modeling in Biology (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Evolutionary Algorithms in Artificial Intelligent Systems (Deadline: 30 September 2020)
- Multivariate Sarmanov Distributions and Applications (Deadline: 31 October 2020)
- Computational Statistical Methods and Extreme Value Theory (Deadline: 31 October 2020)
- Computational Methods in Analysis and Applications 2020 (Deadline: 31 October 2020)
- Nonlinear Analysis and Optimization (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Quantum Algebras and Operator Theory (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- New Insights in Algebra, Discrete Mathematics and Number Theory (Deadline: 31 January 2021)
- Computational Mathematics and Neural Systems (Deadline: 31 January 2021)