Special Issue "Security Issues in Sensor Networks"
A special issue of Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks (ISSN 2224-2708).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2015).
Interests: IT security; cryptography; wireless sensor networks; information security; network security; applied mathematics; risk assessment security engineering; applied and computational mathematics; data security
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology, ul.Koszykowa 86, 02-008 Warsaw, Poland
Interests: Information Security; Cryptology; Security Engineering; Cryptographic Protocols; Wireless Sensor Networks; Internet of Things; Security Economics; Security Metrics; Risk analysis
Wireless Sensor Networks that perform complicated data processing (collecting, storing, transforming and transmitting data) using hardware of constrained performance need specific protection methods that balance effectiveness of all functions of a sensor with the required security level. This special issue expects new results that improve different aspects of protection mechanisms for Sensor Networks in all spectra of their emerging applications. We especially encourage research papers in the following topics (other security-relevant topics are also invited):
- Secure communication protocols for SN
- Security of software-defined, cloud-based and other future sensor networks
- Secure routing in WSN
- Trust and reputation supporting SN security and reliability
- Cryptography for SN (including lightweight cryptography), theoretical foundations, cryptographic primitives, and formal methods
- Wireless and mobile privacy and anonymity; secure localization and location privacy
- Secure applications of sensor networks (M2M, IoT, P2P, MANET, VANET, e-health, etc.)
- Cryptographic protocols for SN (including RFID, NFC, etc.)
- Entity authentication and key management in SN
- Context-aware security solutions for SN
- QoP models in SN, economics of security, green computing models
- Attacks and defenses in SN: from formal models to practical solutions
Prof. Dr. Zbigniew Kotulski
Dr. Bogdan Ksiezopolski
Prof. Dr. Pascal Lafourcade
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.