Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Sensor Networks for Emergent Technologies"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (10 December 2016).
Interests: wireless sensor networks; spatial data warehouses; cyber physical systems, internet of things; smart cities; multiagent systems; social networks; spatial data representation, processing, modeling, and visualization; web and mobile catography
Interests: wireless sensor networks; artificial intelligence; social networks; geo-simulation; planning during natural disaster; multiagent systems; trust and reputation models; cyber-physical systems; smart cities; geographic information systems
Wireless Sensor Networks have been recognized as promising tools to collect data, in a timely fashion, for a wide range of application domains. Their decreasing costs and continuously-evolving capabilities are increasing the attention of the R&D community toward deploying spatially distributed sensors for collecting large volumes of data about objects and events of interest while operating unattended.
Several emergent technologies and concepts, including Cyber Physical Systems, Internet of Things, VANETs, and Smart Cities, are relying on wireless sensor networking technologies for optimized, scalable, flexible, and economic operations. Cloud Computing and Big Data are increasingly integrating and using sensor data, particularly to maintain appropriate freshness of their data, as well as to plan and balance computing tasks. WSNs can, consequently, be regarded as premium enabling tools for the provision of the right service to the right user/system component at the right time.
To enforce this vision, we cordially invite researchers, experts, and practitioners from academy and industry to present, share, and promote their breakthroughs on using sensor networking technologies to support and enable emerging technologies in any application domain. We particularly solicit original research contributions, position papers, case-studies, and surveys addressing the themes below.
- Architecture for sensor-cloud
- Architectures for integrating sensor networking with emergent technologies
- Big data analytics in large sensor networks
- Big data mining and processing in sensor networks
- Cases-studies for sensor networks and emergent technologies
- Design and integration of sensor-cloud systems
- Distributed algorithms for data and computation placement in Sensor Networks
- Efficient sensor data dissemination
- Freshness of Big Data with Sensor Networking inputs
- Integration of Sensor Networks and Internet of Things
- Intelligent Sensor Services
- Models for sensor-cloud
- Protocols and standards
- Sensor cloud systems for remote and real-time monitoring
- Sensor data streaming via cloud computing system
- Sensor Networks as Enabling Technologies
- Sensor Networks for Cyber Physical System Architecture
- Sensor Networks for Distributed Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Intelligent Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Intelligent Internet of Things
- Sensor Networks for Internet of Things Architecture
- Sensor Networks for Mobile Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Resilient Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Scalable Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Scalable Internet of Things
- Sensor Networks for Secure Cyber Physical Systems
- Sensor Networks for Secure Internet of Things
- Sensor Networks for Social Internet of Things
- Sensor-Cloud Applications
- Wireless Sensor Networks and Smart Cities
Assist. Prof. Dr. Nafaa Jabeur
Dr. Nabil Sahli
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Information is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Cyber Physical Systems
- Internet of Things
- Smart Cities
- Big Data
- Cloud Computing
- Sensor Data Processing and Modeling
- Sensor Services
- Intelligent Sensors