Special Issue "Insider Attacks"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2019
Traditionally, the word “security” in the technology industry was synonymous with addressing threats and attacks that originate externally. However, we are noticing the rise in concerns about threats that originate internally, due to factors such as abuse of privilege, naivety, carelessness and ill intent. Such threats are known as insider attacks and they damage assets, reputation and finances of individuals, enterprises and organizations. There is a need to address this problem of growing security threats from insiders. As a result, it is our goal to explore the state-of-the-art research dealing with new surveys, policies, tools, techniques, concepts, and applications concerning the detection, mitigation and prevention of insider attacks.
The goal of this Special Issue is to collect high-quality contributions to address the security concerns related to insider attacks. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the ones listed below:
- Theoretical proofs to address insider attacks
- Insider threat modeling and attack vectors
- Implications of insider threats
- Policies and regulations to prevent insider attacks
- Authentication and authorization techniques to address insider attacks
- Behavioral analytics and fraud detection
- Data governance and differential privacy
- Network access control systems
- Intrusion detection systems
- Insider attack recovery mechanisms
- Insider threats and attack datasets
- Insider attack prevention and detection for large scale distributed systems
- Future challenges for enterprises and organizations regarding insider threats
Dr. Santosh Aditham
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Information is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- insider attacks
- vulnerabilities and threats