Special Issue "Food Allergy, Genes and Environment"
A special issue of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 June 2013) | Viewed by 45330
Interests: food allergy; anaphylaxis; paediatrics; eczema
Topics include but not limited to:
- Food Allergy—is it on the rise?
- What factors could be driving the rise in food allergy?
- Are genes important for predisposition to food allergy?
- What is the role of epigenetics in food allergy?
- Microbial diversity and food allergy
- Improved diagnostic testing for food allergy
- The natural history of food allergy
- Are there genetic risk factors that predispose to persistent food allergy?
- What is the role of chemical and pollutants in the development of food allergy
- Is there an urban/rural divide with regards to the prevalence of food allergy?
- Is food allergy on the rise in the developing world.
- Is non-IgE mediated food allergy on the rise in line with IgE mediated food allergy?
Prof. Dr. Katrina Jane Allen
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.