Special Issue "Colorectal Cancer Screening and Prevention"
A special issue of Gastrointestinal Disorders (ISSN 2624-5647).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 April 2023) | Viewed by 7639
Interests: cancer screening; health behaviour; prevention
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
I would like to invite you to submit a manuscript to the Special Issue of Gastrointest Disord on Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Research. Possible topics are:
- CRC screening
- personalised CRC screening
- improving participation in CRC screening
- determinants of (non-)participation
- primary prevention of CRC
- CRC screening in vulnerable groups
- opportunistic CRC screening
- follow-up with colonoscopy after positive screening result
- Advantages and limitations of current screening strategies
- Improvement and optimization of current screening techniques and development of new techniques in early detection of colorectal lesions
- Quality of screening process
- Adherence to screening
- Awareness, knowledge and attitude of the target population towards CRC screening
- Risk stratification-based screening
- Population preference of screening tests
- Individuals’ tolerance and acceptance of different CRC screening techniques
Manuscripts with original research are welcomed, as well quantitative and qualitative research, mixed-methods research, reviews and meta-analyses.
Research is not geographically limited; studies from LMIC are encouraged.
Deadline: 30 April 2022
Prof. Dr. Guido Van Hal
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Gastrointestinal Disorders is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- colorectal cancer
- quantitative research
- qualitative research