A section of Catalysts (ISSN 2073-4344).
The “Electrocatalysis” section of the journal Catalysts aims at publishing original, novel and high-impact contributions related to this cross-disciplinary field of electrochemistry, and will attract the interest of chemists, physicists, biochemists, surface and materials scientists, and engineers. Electrocatalysts are of great importance since they can be utilized in a large array of research fields, including corrosion science, electroanalytical sensors, waste water treatment, electro-organic synthesis and energy conversion and storage devices. The field of electrocatalysis has grown notably, mainly driven by the urgent need for advanced catalytic materials in electrochemical energy-related technologies. Progress in these fields continues to be of primary relevance for the development of highly-efficient and environmentally-benign industrial electrochemical processes.
The “Electrocatalysis” section invites submissions of communications, research papers, and review articles in the following subject areas, but without being limited to them:
- mechanisms and kinetics of electrochemical reactions;
- electrochemical reactions in fuel cells, electrolysers, metal–air batteries, other energy conversion or storage devices;
- electrosynthesis, organic electrochemistry, and electrocatalytic hydrogenation;
- electrochemical conversion of CO2;
- electrode reactions occurring in electrochemical sensors;
- electrochemical reactions taking place on an electrode surface.
The open access journal Catalysts, in general, and this section on electrocatalysts, in particular, offers high quality peer review followed by a rapid publication decision.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Immobilized Non-Precious Electrocatalysts for Advanced Energy Devices (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Recent Advances in Pt-Based Catalysts: Theoretical and Experimental Results (Deadline: 30 June 2019)
- Electro-Catalysts for Energy Conversion and Storage Devices (Deadline: 15 September 2019)
- Waste Derived Materials for Electrocatalytic Applications (Deadline: 15 November 2019)
- Women in Catalysis (Deadline: 15 November 2019)
- Catalytic Properties of Nanostructured Electrodic Materials (Deadline: 30 November 2019)
- Electrocatalytic Water Oxidation (Deadline: 15 December 2019)
- Electrocatalysis for Low-Temperature Water Electrolysis (Deadline: 31 December 2019)
- Electrocatalysts in Hydrogen Storage and Fuel Cells (Deadline: 15 February 2020)
- Electrocatalysts for Energy Conversion and Storage-Related Reactions (Deadline: 31 March 2020)
- Smart Electro-Catalysts for Fuel Cells Sustainable Development (Deadline: 15 May 2020)
- Catalysts for Microbial Fuel Cells (Deadline: 31 May 2020)
- Electrocatalysts for PEM Electrolysers (Deadline: 31 May 2020)