A section of Animals (ISSN 2076-2615).
Animals is an international peer-reviewed, open access journal devoted entirely to animals, including zoology and veterinary sciences, published monthly online by MDPI. The Birds journal is a recently launched sister journal to Animals, and will run alongside one another, publishing original ornithological research articles, reviews, and communications that offer substantial new insight into any fields of study. However, the special emphasis of the section Birds of Animals is on, but is not restricted to, non-wild birds, pets, and zoo birds. The Birds section of the Animals will focus on the welfare, health, diseases, veterinary, and physiology of non-wild birds, but articles related to the ornithology, avian diversity, communities, populations, individuals, ecology, and behavior of wild birds will also be published.
- pet birds
- zoo birds
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Avian Blood Parasites (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Bird Culture: Diversity and Functions of Bird Vocalizations (Deadline: 31 July 2022)
- Birds Ecology: Monitoring of Bird Health and Populations (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Ornamental Birds–Husbandry, Nutrition, Medical Care (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Bird Flight and the Atmosphere (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Metabolic, Physiological and Genetic Mechanisms Underlying Bird Migration (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Exotic and Zoo Bird Behaviour and Welfare (Deadline: 31 December 2022)