Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
A section of Animals (ISSN 2076-2615).
Animals is an international peer-reviewed, open access journal devoted entirely to animals, including zoology and veterinary sciences, published monthly online by MDPI. The Birds journal is a recently launched sister journal to Animals, and will run alongside one another, publishing original ornithological research articles, reviews, and communications that offer substantial new insight into any fields of study. However, the special emphasis of the section Birds of Animals is on, but is not restricted to, non-wild birds, pets, and zoo birds. The Birds section of the Animals will focus on the welfare, health, diseases, veterinary, and physiology of non-wild birds, but articles related to the ornithology, avian diversity, communities, populations, individuals, ecology, and behavior of wild birds will also be published.
- pet birds
- zoo birds
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Behavioral and Reproductive Strategies of Birds under Natural Selection and Global Changes (Deadline: 20 June 2023)
- Personality and Emotions of Parrots (Deadline: 25 August 2023)
- Avian Viruses—Pathology, Epidemiology and Diversity (Deadline: 1 October 2023)
- Invasive Birds: New Advances and Perspectives (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Bird Behavior and Diversity in the Anthropocene (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Feral Birds and Urbanization (Deadline: 31 December 2023)