A section of Animals (ISSN 2076-2615).
Animals is an international peer-reviewed, open access journal devoted entirely to animals, including zoology and veterinary sciences, published monthly online by MDPI. The Birds journal is a recently launched sister journal to Animals, and will run alongside one another, publishing original ornithological research articles, reviews, and communications that offer substantial new insight into any fields of study. However, the special emphasis of the section Birds of Animals is on, but is not restricted to, non-wild birds, pets, and zoo birds. The Birds section of the Animals will focus on the welfare, health, diseases, veterinary, and physiology of non-wild birds, but articles related to the ornithology, avian diversity, communities, populations, individuals, ecology, and behavior of wild birds will also be published.
- pet birds
- zoo birds
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Birds as Models in Biomedical Research (Deadline: 1 April 2021)
- Impact of Environmental Change on Bird Populations and Communities (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Arctic Birds in a Changing Climate (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Birds in Agricultural Environments (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Avian Pathology (Deadline: 30 October 2021)
- Raptors Conservation (Deadline: 17 November 2021)
- Avian Blood Parasites (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Nature-Based Solutions (NbS) in Urban Areas Contrasting Bird Diversity Decline (Deadline: 30 November 2021)