Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
23 March 2022
Tomography | Call for Special Issue Proposals
The Tomography (ISSN 2379-139X) Editorial Office is pleased to announce this open call for Special Issue proposals, to provide a group of authors with the opportunity to work on an interconnected set of papers on an innovative topic. We would like to solicit high-quality proposals, which will be evaluated through a competitive procedure on a rolling basis throughout the year.
To ensure that the topic of your proposal is within the scope of Tomography, please refer to the information on the aim and scope of Tomography at the following website: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/tomography/about.
Please submit your proposals using the following link: https://www.mdpi.com/journalproposal/sendproposalspecialissue/tomography#.
The following information should be provided in a proposal:
- A 150–200-word summary rationalizing the significance, novelty, technical advancements, and adherence to the scope of the journal of the proposed topic;
- A list of 5–15 keywords relating to the topic;
- A proposed submission deadline (a Special Issue will usually be open for submissions for 6–8 months);
- A list of at least eight confirmed submissions (if you do not have eight planned papers, please send your proposal to [email protected], along with a list of at least 40 potential authors in related research fields);
- A brief resume of the proposed Guest Editors together with their key information (title, name, email, affiliation, personal website, and keywords of interests).
The benefits of being a Guest Editor are as follows:
- Special discounts will be offered for your submissions and any articles you invite;
- Expanding your network by engaging with experts in the field;
- Keeping up with developments in the field;
- Increasing your own influence;
- Recognition by the promotion evaluation committee;
- If 10 or more papers are published in the Special Issue it can be published as a printable book, and each Guest Editor will receive a complimentary hard copy.
The responsibilities of being a Guest Editor are as follows:
- Refining the Special Issue’s title, scope, and schedule, and providing the required information to set up the Special Issue’s website;
- Inviting submissions;
- Promoting the Special Issue within networks on social media, personal websites, relevant networks, and any attended conferences when possible;
- Pre-checking, making decisions, and overviewing the process of manuscript submission;
- Writing an editorial when the Special Issue is successfully published.
The Editorial Office will take care of setting up the Special Issue’s website, arranging the promotional materials, and assisting with invitations to contribute papers, in addition to taking care of the rest of the administrative tasks associated with the peer review process, including inviting reviewers, collating reviews, contacting authors, and professional production before publication.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Editorial Office ([email protected]) for further details and clarification.
We look forward to receiving your proposals.
Tomography Editorial Office