Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
- Sports Home
- Aims & Scope
- Editorial Board
- Topical Advisory Panel
- Instructions for Authors
- Special Issues
- Article Processing Charge
- Indexing & Archiving
- Editor’s Choice Articles
- Most Cited & Viewed
- Journal Statistics
- Journal History
- Journal Awards
- Society Collaborations
- Editorial Office
- 10th Anniversary of Sports
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
28 June 2022
Sports | Call for Special Issue Proposals and Recruiting Guest Editors
The Sports (ISSN: 2075-4663) Editorial Office is pleased to announce this open call for Special Issue proposals, providing a group of authors with the opportunity to work on an interconnected set of papers on an innovative topic. We would like to solicit high-quality proposals throughout the year.
To ensure that the topic of your proposal is within the scope of Sports, please refer to the aims and scope of the journal.
If you would like to propose a Special Issue topic for our journal, please click on the following link and submit the form: https://www.mdpi.com/journalproposal/sendproposalspecialissue/sports.
The following information should be provided in the proposal:
- A 150–200-word summary redefining the scope of the Special Issue;
- A list of 5–10 keywords on the topic;
- A brief resume of the proposed Guest Editors, together with their information (title, name, email, affiliation, personal website, and keywords of interests).
The responsibilities of being a Guest Editor are as follows:
- Refining the scope of the Special Issue;
- Inviting submissions;
- Promoting the Special Issue via social media, personal websites, relevant networks, or related conferences;
- Pre-checking and making academic decisions based on peer-reviewed reports collected by the Editorial Office.
The benefits of being a Guest Editor are as follows:
- Special discounts will be offered for your submissions and any articles you invite;
- Expanding your network by engaging with experts in the field;
- Keeping up with developments in the field;
- Increasing your own influence;
- Receiving recognition by the promotion evaluation committee;
- If 10 or more papers are published in the Special Issue, it can be published as a printable book, and each Guest Editor will receive a hard copy.
The Editorial Office will take care of setting up the Special Issue website and will arrange the promotional materials, assist with the call for papers, and take care of administrative tasks associated with the peer review process and professional production before publication.
If this is of interest to you, please do not hesitate to contact the Editorial Office ([email protected]) for further details and clarification.
We look forward to receiving your proposals.
Sports Editorial Office