Probability and Statistics Theory
A section of Mathematics (ISSN 2227-7390).
The section Probability and Statistics Theory of Mathematics publishes original contributions that cover recent advances and reviews in the theory and applications of probability and statistics.
We welcome papers dealing with all aspects of these disciplines, including the foundations of probability and statistics theory, probability theory on topological structures, combinatorial probability, stochastic geometry, distribution theory, limit theorems, stochastic processes, stochastic analysis, Markov processes, special processes, information-theoretic topics, decision theory, Bayesian problems, sampling theory, parametric and nonparametric inference, multivariate analysis, regression, sequential methods, inference from stochastic processes, survival analysis, data science, and big data.
Special attention will be given to the theory and application of probability in the modeling of random phenomena in the natural sciences, social sciences, and technology. The section is also dedicated to the dissemination of methodological research and statistical techniques based on mathematical theory, analytical, algorithmic, experimental approaches, and computational methods.
Applications of stochastic models and statistical methods to diverse areas such as biology, medicine, epidemiology, economics, computer science, telecommunications modeling, inventories, reliability, queueing theory, statistical physics, optimization, and operations research are very welcome as well.
Prof. Dr. Antonio Di Crescenzo
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Probability, Statistics and Their Applications (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Selected Papers from 2020 Asia-Pacific Conference on Applied Mathematics and Statistics (Deadline: 31 July 2020)
- Applied Medical Statistics: Theory, Computation, Applicability (Deadline: 31 October 2020)
- Statistical Methods for the Analysis of Infectious Diseases (Deadline: 30 November 2020)
- Quantitative Methods in Health Care Decisions (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Statistics 2020 (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Advances in Applications of Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes (Deadline: 31 January 2021)