Probability and Statistics Theory
A section of Mathematics (ISSN 2227-7390).
The section Probability and Statistics Theory of Mathematics publishes original contributions that cover recent advances and reviews in the theory and applications of probability and statistics.
We welcome papers dealing with all aspects of these disciplines, including the foundations of probability and statistics theory, probability theory on topological structures, combinatorial probability, stochastic geometry, distribution theory, limit theorems, stochastic processes, stochastic analysis, Markov processes, special processes, information-theoretic topics, decision theory, Bayesian problems, sampling theory, parametric and nonparametric inference, multivariate analysis, regression, sequential methods, inference from stochastic processes, survival analysis, data science, and big data.
Special attention will be given to the theory and application of probability in the modeling of random phenomena in the natural sciences, social sciences, and technology. The section is also dedicated to the dissemination of methodological research and statistical techniques based on mathematical theory, analytical, algorithmic, experimental approaches, and computational methods.
Applications of stochastic models and statistical methods to diverse areas such as biology, medicine, epidemiology, economics, computer science, telecommunications modeling, inventories, reliability, queueing theory, statistical physics, optimization, and operations research are very welcome as well.
Prof. Dr. Antonio Di Crescenzo
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Analytical Methods and Convergence in Probability with Applications (Deadline: 31 May 2021)
- Advances in Mathematics and Statistics with Applications in Engineering and Industry (Deadline: 31 May 2021)
- Distribution Theory and Stochastic Frontier Analysis (Deadline: 31 May 2021)
- Statistical Methodology and Replication Crisis in Biomedical and Social Sciences (Deadline: 31 May 2021)
- Markov and Semi-markov Chains, Processes, Systems and Emerging Related Fields (Deadline: 15 June 2021)
- Applied Medical Statistics: Theory, Computation, Applicability (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Models and Methods in Bioinformatics: Theory and Applications (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Advances in Markovian Dynamic and Stochastic Optimization Models in Diverse Application Areas (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Stochastic Models and Methods with Applications (Deadline: 1 July 2021)
- Characterization of Probability Distributions (Deadline: 31 July 2021)
- Probability, Statistics and Their Applications 2021 (Deadline: 31 July 2021)
- Stochastic Modeling and Applied Probability (Deadline: 31 August 2021)
- Stochastic Models with Applications (Deadline: 20 September 2021)
- Statistical Modelling of Complex Environmental Time Series (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Analysis and Comparison of Probabilistic Models (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Frontiers in Economic Analysis and Statistics Modeling with Applications to Social Sciences (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Methods and Applications of Statistics in the Social and Health Sciences (Deadline: 30 September 2021)
- Optimization and Uncertainty (Deadline: 30 October 2021)
- Multivariate Statistics: Theory and Its Applications (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Advances in Applications of Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Mathematical and Computational Statistics and Their Applications (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Probability and Statistics in Quality and Reliability Engineering (Deadline: 31 October 2021)
- Advances of Machine Learning and Their Applications (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Economics of Education: Quantitative Methods for Educational Policies (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Advances in Misreported Data Modeling (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Mathematical and Statistical Assessment of Biomarkers and Surrogate Endpoints in Clinical Trials (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Statistical Models in the Era of Big Data (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Advances in Statistical Decision Theory and Applications (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Selected Papers from 2020 Asia-Pacific Conference on Applied Mathematics and Statistics (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Mathematical Statistics and Modelling in Economics (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Latest Advances in Random Walks Dating Back to One Hundred Years (Deadline: 31 January 2022)