A section of Mathematics (ISSN 2227-7390).
The Section “Mathematical Biology” of Mathematics publishes original research findings, review papers, and perspective papers relevant to the interface of biology and mathematical sciences. Contributions should have relevance to both fields. Papers that provide new concepts or enhance understanding of biological systems using mathematical models are particularly welcome. All mathematical approaches, including computational approaches, will be considered.
All contributions are peer reviewed.
Prof. Dr. Sergei Petrovskii
• Cancer growth and treatment;
• Cell biology;
• Chaos and fractal;
• Computational biology;
• Developmental biology;
• Microbiology and molecular biology;
• Multiscale systems;
• Networks (including food webs);
• Population dynamics;
• Random walks and individual movement;
• Systems biology.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Advances in the Mathematics of Ecological Modelling (Deadline: 30 June 2021)
- Partial Differential Equations in Ecology: Recent Advances and New Challenges (Deadline: 31 July 2021)
- Computational Approaches for Data Inspection in Biomedicine (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Mathematical Modeling and Analysis in Biology and Medicine (Deadline: 30 November 2021)
- Mathematical Modeling and Its Application in Medicine (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Numerical Methods in Mathematical Ecology (Deadline: 28 February 2022)
- Partial Differential Equations: Theory and Applications (Deadline: 31 March 2022)