Special Issue "Artificial Intelligence and the Arts"
A special issue of Arts (ISSN 2076-0752).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 May 2024 | Viewed by 129
Interests: artificial intelligence and the arts
Interests: sociology of arts; science and technology studies; artificial intelligence; artificial creativity; artistic practice; human-machine interaction
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly transforming the creative landscape. This Special Issue aims to explore the use of AI in the arts with a focus on human and AI collaboration along the entire value chain, from the creation of art to its mediation, distribution, preservation, and perception (human response). We are seeking original research papers, reviews, theoretical papers, as well as a wide range of case studies and methodologies, to foster diverse discussion of this evolving field.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to)
- Creation and production process
- Human and AI creative collaboration.
- AI-generated art and its impact on aesthetics.
- AI-driven narrative generation and storytelling.
- The use of AI-powered tools in artistic practice and its implications.
- The ethical and legal considerations of AI-generated art.
- Mediation, distribution, preservation
- AI's influence on art curation and recommendation systems.
- The use of AI in art exhibitions and installations.
- The role of AI in preserving and restoring artworks.
- Perception and consumption
- The psychology of human perception in evaluating AI-created art.
- The influence of AI on taste, cultural consumption, and aesthetic diversity.
- A theoretical frameworks for understanding the role of AI in the arts.
We look forward to receiving your contributions.
Prof. Dr. Francisco Tigre Moura
Dr. Mariya Dzhimova
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Arts is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- artificial intelligence
- artificial creativity