Groundwater Quantity and Quality
|Pakistan||Management in Mega-Irrigation Systems|||
|Northwestern U.S.A.||Sustained Drought|||
|Germany||Groundwater Abstraction; Low-Flow Impact|||
|Texas, New Mexico, U.S.A.||Case Study of Legal Issues|||
|Wisconsin, U.S.A.||Groundwater Quality in Karst|||
|Finland||Groundwater Quality in Public Wells|||
|Mt. Etna, Italy||Groundwater Quality in a Volcanic System|||
|Texas, U.S.A.||Energy-Water Nexus||[12,13]|
|Wisconsin, U.S.A.||Groundwater Issues in a Water-Rich Region|| 1|
2.1. Groundwater Quantity, Management, Legal Issues, and Over Exploitation
2.2. Groundwater Quality
2.3. The Energy-Water Nexus
2.4. Review Article and Insights from a Water-Rich Region
Conflicts of Interest
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. International Decade for Action. “Water for Life” 2005–2015. Available online: http://www.un.org/waterforlifedecade/scarcity.shtml (accessed on 16 December 2015).
- USA Today—Pumped Dry: The Global Crisis of Vanishing Groundwater. Available online: http://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/groundwater/ (accessed on 16 December 2015).
- Bigas, H. The Global Water Crisis: Addressing an Urgent Security Issue; Papers for the InterAction Council, 2011–2012. UNU-INWEH: Hamilton, Canada, 2012. Available online: http://inweh.unu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/WaterSecurity_The-Global-Water-Crisis.pdf (accessed on 16 December 2015).
- Van Steenbergen, F.; Basharat, M.; Lashari, B.K. Key Challenges and Opportunities for Conjunctive Management of Surface and Groundwater in Mega-Irrigation Systems: Lower Indus, Pakistan. Resources 2015, 4, 831–856. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Al-Zyoud, S.; Rühaak, W.; Forootan, E.; Sass, I. Over Exploitation of Groundwater in the Centre of Amman Zarqa Basin—Jordan: Evaluation of Well Data and GRACE Satellite Observations. Resources 2015, 4, 819–830. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Piersol, M.W.; Sprenke, K.F. A Columbia River Basalt Group Aquifer in Sustained Drought: Insight from Geophysical Methods. Resources 2015, 4, 577–596. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Wittenberg, H. Groundwater Abstraction for Irrigation and Its Impacts on Low Flows in a Watershed in Northwest Germany. Resources 2015, 4, 566–576. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Wheat, E. Groundwater Challenges of the Lower Rio Grande: A Case Study of Legal Issues in Texas and New Mexico. Resources 2015, 4, 172–184. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Erb, K.; Ronk, E.; Koundinya, V.; Luczaj, J. Groundwater Quality Changes in a Karst Aquifer of Northeastern Wisconsin, USA: Reduction of Brown Water Incidence and Bacterial Contamination Resulting from Implementation of Regional Task Force Recommendations. Resources 2015, 4, 655–672. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Pitkänen, T.; Juselius, T.; Isomäki, E.; Miettinen, I.T.; Valve, M.; Kivimäki, A.; Lahti, K.; Hänninen, M. Drinking Water Quality and Occurrence of Giardia in Finnish Small Groundwater Supplies. Resources 2015, 4, 637–654. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Bellia, C.; Gallardo, A.H.; Yasuhara, M.; Kazahaya, K. Geochemical Characterization of Groundwater in a Volcanic System. Resources 2015, 4, 358–377. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Kjellsson, J.B.; Webber, M.E. The Energy-Water Nexus: Spatially-Resolved Analysis of the Potential for Desalinating Brackish Groundwater by Use of Solar Energy. Resources 2015, 4, 476–489. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Gold, G.M.; Webber, M.E. The Energy-Water Nexus: An Analysis and Comparison of Various Configurations Integrating Desalination with Renewable Power. Resources 2015, 4, 227–276. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Luczaj, J.; Masarik, K. Groundwater Quantity and Quality Issues in a Water-Rich Region: Examples from Wisconsin, USA. Resources 2015, 4, 323–357. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Texas v. New Mexico and Colorado. Available online: www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/texas-v-new-mexico-and-colorado (accessed on 29 January 2016).
© 2016 by the author; licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons by Attribution (CC-BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Share and Cite
Luczaj, J. Groundwater Quantity and Quality. Resources 2016, 5, 10. https://doi.org/10.3390/resources5010010
Luczaj J. Groundwater Quantity and Quality. Resources. 2016; 5(1):10. https://doi.org/10.3390/resources5010010Chicago/Turabian Style
Luczaj, John. 2016. "Groundwater Quantity and Quality" Resources 5, no. 1: 10. https://doi.org/10.3390/resources5010010