2. Location and Characteristics of the Area
3. The Rock Art of Howz-Māhy
3.1 Ghārā-Tepe I
3.2 Ghārā-Tepe II (Site 2)
3.3 Petroglyphs of the Ancient Pool and Isolated Scattered Cliffs in the Region
- H. Izadpanah. “The paintings of Ducheh Cave in Lorestan.” Persian Journal of Archaeology and Art 3 (1969): 53–57. [Google Scholar]
- M. Farhady. Museums in the wind. Tehran, Iran: Allameh Tabatabaei University, 1998. [Google Scholar]
- J. Rafifar. The rock carvings art in Arasbaran (Iran). Tehran, Iran: Iranian Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organization, Anthropology Research Center, 2005. [Google Scholar]
- S.M. Ghasrian. “Sangestoon a new rock site in central Iran.” Rock Art Research 24 (2007): 59–64. [Google Scholar]
- J. Lahafian. “Cupules in Kurdistan rock art.” Rock Art Research 27 (2010): 177–183. [Google Scholar]
- M.H.A. Kharanaghi, R. Naseri, M.P. Pour, and V. Barani. “Petroglyphs discovered in the basin area of the upper Gotvand Dam (Bard–E Pazani, Iran).” International Newsletter on Rock Art 61 (2011): 9–18. [Google Scholar]
- M.A. Sola, S. Noori, and A. Abedi. “New findings of rock art at Ostad Mirza Mountain Range, Central Iran.” International Newsletter on Rock Art 62 (2012): 8–10. [Google Scholar]
- M. Rashidi Nejad, A.H. Salehi, and M. Veisi. “The petroglyphs of Cheshmeh Malek and Dareh Divin in Hamadan, Iran.” International Newsletter on Rock Art 62 (2012): 11–14. [Google Scholar]
- A. Alliyan. Familiarity with Lenjanat region. Esfahan, Iran: Naghsh–e–Khorshid publishing, 1999. [Google Scholar]
- A. Dehkhoda. Dehkhoda Dictionary. Edited by M. Moein. Tehran, Iran: Tehran University, 1961, Vol. 1. [Google Scholar]
- F. Biglari, M. Javeri, M. Mashkour, M. Yazdi, S. Shidrang, M. Tengberg, K. Taheri, and J. Darvish. “Test excavations at the middle Paleolithic sites of Qaleh Bozi, southwest of central Iran, A preliminary report.” In Proceedings of the XV World Congress of the International Union for Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences, Lisbon, Portugal, 4–6 September 2006; Edited by M. Otte, F. Biglari and J. Jaubert. Oxford, England: Archaeopress, Publishers of British Archaeological Reports, 2009, 28, pp. 29–39. [Google Scholar]
- J. Jaubert, F. Biglari, R. Crassard, M. Mashkour, W. Rendu, and S. Shidrang. “Paléolithique moyen récent de la grotte de Qaleh Bozi 2 (Ispahan, Iran): premiers résultats de la campagne 2008.” Iranian Archaeology 1 (2010): 21–31. [Google Scholar]
- S.M. Ghasrian. “The engravings of Ghaleh Bozi mountain in Esfahan.” Persian Archaeological Journal of Bastanpazhuhi 24 (2006): 59–64. [Google Scholar]
- F. Karimi. “A new insight into the rock engravings of Iran based on field investigations.” Persian Archaeological Journal of Bastanpazhuhi 2 (2007): 20–34. [Google Scholar]
- A. Yazdani. “Irandeserts Home Page.” Available online: http://www.irandeserts.com (Accessed 21 May 2012).
- M.M. Zohori, N. Eskandari, and A.H.M. Alian. “Tange Barzgale: A new petroglyphic complex in Isfahan, Iran.” International Newsletter on Rock Art 61 (2011): 19–21. [Google Scholar]
- A.H. Alian. Identifying and recording the rock art of Tiran and Karvan; Unpublished report; Iran: Cultural and Heritage organization of Esfahan, 2011.
- R.G. Bednarik. Rock Art Science, The scientific Study of Palaeoart, 2nd ed. New Delhi, India: Aryan Books International, 2007, p. 131. [Google Scholar]
© 2013 by the authors; licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).