A section of Technologies (ISSN 2227-7080).
Assistive technology is an umbrella term that includes assistive, adaptive, and rehabilitative devices for people with disabilities and also includes the process used in selecting, locating, and using them. Assistive technology promotes greater independence by enabling people to perform tasks that they were formerly unable to accomplish, or had great difficulty accomplishing, by providing enhancements to, or changing methods of interacting with, the technology needed to accomplish such tasks.
Accordingly, the section on “Assistive Technologies” will focus on new developments in (a) applications of sensor-based and other technologies for persons who have a disability; (b) assessment and selection of assistive technologies; (c) outcomes measurement for assistive technologies.
• Adaptive equipment
• Ambient intelligent system
• Assistive device
• Assistive listening device
• Assistive robotics
• Assistive technology adoption
• Assistive technology for cognition
• Assistive technology in recreation
• Assistive technology in sport
• Assistive technology outcome measures
• Augmentative and Alternative Communication
• Communication aid
• Hearing aid
• Home automation
• Memory aid
• Mobility device
• Seating system
• Rehabilitative device
• Vision aid