Special Issue "Body Area Networks"
A special issue of Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks (ISSN 2224-2708).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 January 2015)
Dr. Junichi Suzuki
This special issue targets a broad range of challenges and solutions to plan, analyze, design, build, deploy and operate body area networks (BANs).
It solicits original papers in (but not limited to) the following topics:
Wearable and Pervasive Computing
- Sensing and actuation in wearable devices/materials
- Ambient intelligence
- Pervasive user interface
- Context and situation awareness
- Sensory augmentation
- Motion detection and activity recognition
- User modeling and personalization
Communications and Networking
- In-body, on-body and around-body networks
- Signal/information processing and communication in BANs
- BAN architectures and protocols
- Power-efficient communication
- Wireless energy transfer
- Delay-tolerance, fault-tolerance and reliability in BANs
- Cloud computing, big data, smartphones and BANs
- Privacy, security and trust in BANs
Systems and Applications
- Software engineering and systems engineering for BANs
- Modeling, simulations and empirical experiments
- Design and performance issues
- Tools, testbeds and deployment issues
- Wireless-to-bio interface/transduction
- Novel applications including pervasive health, ambient assisted living, smart prosthetics, biomedical engineering, smart garments, sports science/intelligence and entertainment (e.g., computer games).
Dr. Junichi Suzuki
Dr. Pruet Boonma
Dr. Isao Hayashi
Dr. Michael Medley
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 350 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.