Special Issue "AI-Enhanced Innovation for Products and Systems in the Era of Industry 4.0"
A special issue of Inventions (ISSN 2411-5134). This special issue belongs to the section "Inventions and innovation in Advanced Manufacturing".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 September 2020).
Interests: artificial intelligence; industry 4.0 and digital manufacturing; robotics and autonomous systems
Interests: computational intelligence; industry 4.0; digital factory
Interests: robotics and autonomous systems; mechatronics and automation; data analytics; intelligent control; computational intelligence; digital manufacturing
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Sensors: Sensors and Autonomous Systems in Smart Cities
Special Issue in Electronics: Intelligent Robotics and Autonomous Systems for Challenging Environments
The rapidly developed information technologies have dramatically shaped the morphology and semantics of modern industry behavior, which played an important role in massive production in the third industrial revolution. This is what is happening now with Industry 4.0, in which technological giants around the world are accelerating change via Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), Mixed Reality (MR), Cloud Computing, Big Data, and 5G technologies throughout the design, simulation, and manufacturing processes of the modern factory. These changes not only dramatically increase productivity, but also customize products and reduce waste and operating cost.
With such background, this MDPI Special Issue of Inventions will cover the following topics with the aim to update the new development of different disciplines on the way to Industry 4. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Industry 4.0, including critical literature review of recent developments and changes;
- Digital twin implementation and processing on forging and manufacturing;
- IoT systems and developing connectivity of the modern factory;
- 5G network communication technology application and developing in the smart factory;
- Modern visualization technology, including augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality applied on the digital factory and manufacturing process;
- Cloud computing for the digital factory;
- AI for Big Data;
- Robotics-related computer hardware, software, and architectures;
- Robotics in manufacturing and flexible automation;
- AI for design and manufacturing;
- AI for operational research and management;
- Additive manufacturing application on the digital factory;
- AI for STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine);
- AI for Science and Government (ASG)
Dr. Leo Chen
Dr. Jianfeng Huang
Dr. Erfu Yang
Dr. Jun Ding
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Inventions is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Industry 4.0
- Cyberphysical systems
- Digital manufacturing
- Digital twins
- Digital enterprise
- Artificial Intelligence
- Multidisciplinary applications
- Big Data