Instruments (ISSN: 2410-390X) is an international, peer-reviewed open-access journal that provides an advanced forum for studies related to the design and applications of instruments, apparatuses, and experimental techniques in disciplinary and interdisciplinary research.
The journal aims to exclusively publish high-quality scientific papers presenting ground-breaking and innovative results.
The journal publishes regular research papers, communications, letters, short notes, and reviews. Our aim is to encourage researchers to publish their experimental and computational results in as much detail as necessary. There is no restriction on the maximum length of the papers published by the journal.
The main subject areas include:
- Innovative design, methods, applications, metrological characterization, and theory of all aspects of advanced instruments, including detectors, sensors, transducers, signal generators, and virtual instruments
- Among the main fields are instrumentation in physics, astronomy, chemistry, engineering, electronics, space science, biology and medicine, and energy
- Innovative data acquisition architectures, components, and pre-processing techniques
- New data analysis tools and approaches
- Instrumentation science: theory and application, measurement production modeling, and experimental identification and validation
- Examples of keywords: particle detectors, sensors, transducers, microscopy, spectroscopy, imaging, optical devices, spectrometry, particle accelerators, plasma, dosimetry, metrology, electronics, data handling, medical diagnostics, robotics and haptics, measurement embedded applications, virtual instrumentation, the Internet of Things, augmented reality, wireless sensor networks, sensors and transducers on-chip, education and training in measurement and instrumentation, etc.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
MDPI is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Instruments will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .Contact us
For further MDPI contacts, see here.