Heritage is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal of cultural and natural heritage science published quarterly by MDPI. The publication focuses on knowledge, conservation and management of cultural and natural heritage by sensing technologies, novel methods, best practices and policies.
With the inclusion of Articles, Reviews, Perspectives and Communications, Heritage offers an appropriate format for any length or type of submission.
The journal will be organized in six subsections as:
- Sensing technologies for diagnostics and monitoring of architectural and artistic heritage
- Innovative solutions and best practices for protection of natural heritage
- Innovation and Research in the field of Conservation and Recovery of archaeological and architectural heritage
- Geoscience and earth observation technologies for Heritage risk assessment and mitigation and the study of human past
- ICT for CH management and Fruition
- Policies and human science contributions for increasing the cultural and economic role of CH in the society
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Heritage is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Heritage will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. For further information, please contact the editorial office.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.