Games (ISSN 2073-4336) is an international, peer-reviewed, quick-refereeing open access journal (free for readers), which provides an advanced forum for studies related to strategic interaction, game theory and its applications, and decision making. The aim is to provide an interdisciplinary forum for all behavioral sciences and related fields, including economics, psychology, political science, mathematics, computer science, and biology (including animal behavior). To guarantee a rapid refereeing and editorial process, Games follows standard publication practices in the natural sciences.
Games publishes regular research articles, reviews and short notes. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. Therefore, there is no restriction on the length of the papers. For theory papers, full details of proofs must be provided so that results can be checked. For experimental papers, full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. Additionally, electronic files or software regarding the full details of the calculations, experimental procedure, etc, can be deposited along with the publication as 'Supplementary Material'.
- Game theory in general and its applications in diverse areas, including:
- Economics and business
- Psychology and neuroscience
- Mathematics and computer science
- Political science
- Sociology and anthropology
- Analytic philosophy
- Topics in noncooperative game theory, including:
- Equilibrium selection
- Extensive-form games and equilibrium refinements
- Foundations of decision and game theory
- Dynamic and repeated games
- Games in networks
- Behavioral game theory and related fields, including:
- Experimental games
- Experimental methods in decision-making
- Evolutionary games and learning in games
- Psychological foundations of behavior
- Rationality and bounded rationality
- The study of competition and market institutions, including:
- Imperfect competition and industrial organization
- Contract theory, mechanism design, and auctions
- Market institutions and bargaining
- The journal is also open to other special topics related to game theory, including:
- Algorithmic and computational game theory
- Cooperative game theory
- Social choice and voting games
- Foundations of perfect competition
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Games is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Games will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.