Distributed Architectures and Constellations for γ-ray Burst Science
Reviewer 1 Report
The paper "Distributed architectures and constellation for Gamma Ray Burst science" is well written. With the development of multi-messenger astronomy, to reach the high precision in localisation and timeliness for an extreme astrophysical event in time, the authors discuss the potential of large-scale distributed architectures and constellations to build a sensitive X-ray/ γ-ray all-sky monitor.
- L83, "The physics at play outside the photosphere particle acceleration in both internal shock and external shocks to produce the GRB prompt emission and afterglow" -> Please rephase the sentense and make it clear.
- L105, "The delay time between GW emission and the short GRB can distinguish between different jet launching scenarios"-> Do you mean "the delay time between GW and gamma ray emission"?
-L138, define IPN first here.
Please provide more technological and scientific details for all the satellites, like the model of SiPM and their energy range, angular resolutions, senstivities and so on.
We revised the manuscript following referee comments and improved readability. Complete technical information on the mentioned missions can be found in the references, here we limit to mention the main characteristics and provide some useful examples.
Reviewer 2 Report
I've read the manuscript with great interest and I recommend its timely publication. I didn't find any issue with the content, but the manuscript should be thoroughly copy-edited because I found several typos and formatting issues throughout the text, of which I'm going to give only a few examples:
- Title: "Gamma Ray Burst" should be "gamma-ray burst" with a hyphens and no capitals.
- L. 10 and 22: the extra spaces before or after slashes should be removed.
- L. 10, 17, 22, 197: I suggest spelling out γ as "gamma" for consistency with the title and l. 30 and 192.
- L. 20: "sensors" should be "sensor".
- L. 21: "-small platform" I guess should be "small-platform".
- L. 31: I suggest replacing "observable GRBs occur" with "GRBs are observed" (or "detected").
- L. 43: I suggest replacing "among" with "some of", and "objects" with "phenomena".
- L. 48: I suggest adding "the" before "space-time" and again before "mass".
- L. 80: the digits shouldn't be italic, and I recommend spelling Rs out as "Scwarzschild radii" (if not, the S should be subscript, upright and capital).
- L. 137 and 168: "error-box" should be spelled with a space instead of a hyphen, as in l. 138 and 163.
- L. 138: the acronym "IPN" is used here but not introduced until l. 196.
- L. 148: there is too much space between "production" and "through".
- L. 190ff: in most of this section the text is left-aligned rather than justified.
- L. 325: "lantanide poor" should be "lantanide-poor", with a hyphen.
We revised the manuscript following referee comments. We have corrected typos and improved the readability of the paper.