Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Economies is an international, peer-reviewed, open access journal for the field of development economics and macroeconomics. The journal invites high-level publications. It publishes regular original research papers, reviews, and short notes. Particular emphasis is placed on applied empirical and analytical work, and theoretical papers with applications. There is no restriction on the maximum length of the papers and publication is immediate upon acceptance, following a fast and thorough review process. The journal’s aim is to encourage scientists to publish their research in as much detail as possible. The journal is open for innovative research approaches and methods. Full data and/or methodical details must be provided for research articles.
- Macroeconomic economic theory and policy
- macroeconomic modelling; fiscal and other fields of economic policies; institutions and the macroeconomy; consumption; saving; investment; unemployment; national accounting; income distribution; production; business cycle fluctuations; macroeconomic forecasting.
- Economic development
- development policy; formal and informal economy; role of international organizations; foreign aid; industrialization; institutions and development; country studies; urban, rural, and regional studies; industrial policy; welfare; poverty; demographics.
- Growth and natural resources
- growth models; empirical growth studies; productivity; technological change; intellectual property rights; environment; resource policies; renewable resources; energy; primary markets; agriculture; institutions and growth; climate change.
- Health economics
- health care markets; health policy; regulation in health markets; health insurance; public health systems; health behaviour; pandemics; health and economic development; health and productivity; health and inequality.
- Labour and education economics
- labour markets; labour force; employment; human capital labour productivity; wages; retirement policies; education policies and systems; education and inequality; education and economic development; skills and return on education:
- Monetary and financial economics
- monetary theory and policy; monetary systems; inflation; interest rates; central banks and their policies; currencies; financial markets and their functioning; financial intermediation; payment systems; financial crises; role of finance in economic development.
- International trade regional economics
- trade theory and policy; regional economic integration; international factor movement; migration; exchange rate determination; exchange rate systems; International economic arrangements; urban and rural economics; regional economic activity.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
MDPI is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Economies will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.