About Clocks & Sleep
The journal Clocks & Sleep (C & S) is a multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed, open access journal. Clocks & Sleep offers peer-reviewed original research covering all aspects of biological rhythms and sleep, assessed in all organisms, cell cultures as well as in clinical human studies. Emphasis is on genetic, biochemical, physiological, neurobehavioral, imaging, epidemiological, modeling and clinical approaches. We welcome original articles, reviews, short communications and case reports from basic research, clinical research and applied science.
- Circadian and sleep physiology, and their interactions
- Circadian and sleep related disorders in psychiatry, psychology and neurology
- Biological rhythms: circadian, seasonal rhythms and Zeitgebers (light)
- Sleep habits and health, daytime functioning and quality of life
- Cultural, historical, and societal aspects of sleep
- Sleep and circadian monitoring and assistance technology: wearables and nearables
- Computational modelling in the sleep and circadian fields
- Sleep–wake behavior and the 24-h society/life-style
- Biological rhythms and sleep-like behaviors in non-animal species and cell cultures
Clocks & Sleep Section Categories Comprise:
- C & S in animal basic research
- C & S in human basic research
- C & S and computational models
- C & S and methodology and technology
- C & S and zeitgeber
- C & S and development
- C & S and society
- C & S and disorders
- C & S and preregistered trials
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Clocks & Sleep will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Clocks & Sleep is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published free of charge. Advertisements can either be published or placed on the pertinent website. For further information, please contact the editorial office.
For further MDPI contacts, see here.