Clocks & Sleep: A New Open-Access Journal to Publish Your Circadian and Sleep Research Results
Why Clocks & Sleep?
Why Would You Submit Your Work to Clocks & Sleep?
- We are convinced that true progress in our field can be made only by integrating sleep AND circadian aspects. While circadian topics can be found in our leading sleep journals and publications concerning sleep can be found in leading circadian journals, they each remain largely underrepresented in the respective categories (SLEEP and the Journal of Sleep Research have “circadian” in 2–3% of titles and in 17–19% of all search items; the Journal of Biological Rhythms exhibits “sleep” in 7% of titles and in 19% of all search items, according to PubMed), showing that both fields are still considered separate. Clocks & Sleep strives for a more balanced and integrative approach and is particularly interested in contributions bridging this gap.
- We have been successful in putting together an amazing editorial board comprising more than 50 members who reflect a fair mix between very established and senior researchers, as well as more junior representatives covering very different aspects in the Clocks & Sleep field. In fact, we were very surprised about how fast and motivated people were to respond to our invitation to join the board. Their support enhances our confidence in the project and shows that this new platform is welcomed by the community. In order to keep track of current trends in sleep and circadian research, the composition of the editorial board will be updated on a regular basis.
- The journal offers a fair, fast, rigorous, and transparent peer review method through a collaborative process between the submitting authors, editors, and professional staff at MDPI.
- Besides open-access (free access) and being free of charge to publish in the first two years, Clocks & Sleep also provides different publication formats including short communications, regular reports, reviews, commentaries, and the publication of pre-registered studies or trials.
- Besides publishing fascinating findings, reviews, and commentaries in the circadian and sleep area, Clocks & Sleep will also support young research scientists with travel grants, awards for the best publications, as well as support meetings and educational programs in the field.
- Clocks & Sleep is open to all aspects of circadian and sleep research and welcomes submissions to the following sections:
- C & S in animal basic research
- C & S in human basic research
- C & S and computational models
- C & S and methodology and technology
- C & S and zeitgeber
- C & S and development
- C & S and society
- C & S and disorders
- C & S and preregistered trials
- Clocks & Sleep accepts so-called Registered Reports. This new publication format aims to refocus on high quality science instead of ‘good’ results in an effort to change research practice towards improved reproducibility and reliability of biomedical science.
© 2018 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Cajochen, C.; Franken, P. Clocks & Sleep: A New Open-Access Journal to Publish Your Circadian and Sleep Research Results. Clocks & Sleep 2019, 1, 1-2. https://doi.org/10.3390/clockssleep1010001
Cajochen C, Franken P. Clocks & Sleep: A New Open-Access Journal to Publish Your Circadian and Sleep Research Results. Clocks & Sleep. 2019; 1(1):1-2. https://doi.org/10.3390/clockssleep1010001Chicago/Turabian Style
Cajochen, Christian, and Paul Franken. 2019. "Clocks & Sleep: A New Open-Access Journal to Publish Your Circadian and Sleep Research Results" Clocks & Sleep 1, no. 1: 1-2. https://doi.org/10.3390/clockssleep1010001