A Message from the Editor-in-Chief for Pharmacy—A Journal of Pharmacy Education and Practice
- Dear Reader of Pharmacy,
- Mentoring one another to become better scholars, leaders, and educators.
- The conduct and application of theory-driven research.
- Enhanced publishing experiences to ensure the development of strong scholars and leaders.
- Transformations in pharmacy practice and policy.
- Diversity of people, cultures, health systems, and methods of inquiry.
- Engagement at local, national, and international levels.
- Continued development of individuals and professional advancement.
|Jon Schommer, RPh, PhD|
|Professor, University of Minnesota, USA|
Conflicts of Interest
- MDPI (Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute). Pharmacy Annual Report 2020; Pharmacy Editorial Office: Basel, Switzerland, 2021. [Google Scholar]
- Van Antwerp, G. The Future of Pharmacy. Disruption Creates Transformative Opportunities and Challenges. Deloitte. 2021. Available online: https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/life-sciences-and-health-care/articles/future-of-pharmacy-disruption-opportunities-challenges.html (accessed on 17 March 2021).
- Social and Administrative Pharmacy Graduate Program, University of Minnesota. Available online: https://www.pharmacy.umn.edu/departments/pharmaceutical-care-health-systems/social-and-administrative-pharmacy-graduate-program (accessed on 26 March 2021).
|Short Biography of Author|
Jon C. Schommer, RPh, PhD, is a professor at the University of Minnesota. He received his BS, MS, and PhD degrees from the University of Wisconsin–Madison. Since graduating with his PhD in 1992, he has devoted his career to teaching and research.
His research is focused upon information processing and decision making related to the provision, use, and evaluation of drug products and pharmacist services. He recently completed the National Consumer Survey on the Medication Experience—A study of over 38,000 individuals.
Dr. Schommer has served as: Peters Chair for Pharmacy Practice Innovation, President for the Academy of Pharmaceutical Research and Science, and Member of the American Pharmacists Association Board of Trustees. He holds a Distinguished Teaching Professor appointment and was inducted into the Academy of Distinguished Teachers at the University of Minnesota. In March 2019, he received the Academy of Pharmaceutical Research and Science-Research Achievement Award. In July 2021, he will receive the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy-Graduate Education Achievement Award.
Publisher’s Note: MDPI stays neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.
© 2021 by the author. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Schommer, J.C. A Message from the Editor-in-Chief for Pharmacy—A Journal of Pharmacy Education and Practice. Pharmacy 2021, 9, 73. https://doi.org/10.3390/pharmacy9020073
Schommer JC. A Message from the Editor-in-Chief for Pharmacy—A Journal of Pharmacy Education and Practice. Pharmacy. 2021; 9(2):73. https://doi.org/10.3390/pharmacy9020073Chicago/Turabian Style
Schommer, Jon C. 2021. "A Message from the Editor-in-Chief for Pharmacy—A Journal of Pharmacy Education and Practice" Pharmacy 9, no. 2: 73. https://doi.org/10.3390/pharmacy9020073