- What is the current condition of our environment? Is it clean and pollution-free?
- How can we make our environment clean and suitable for humans and nature?
- How can we sustainably keep our environment clean?
- Actions for developing countries;
- Clean technologies;
- Economic approaches;
- Environmental remediation;
- Global water security issues;
- Hazardous substances;
- Human–nature interactions;
- Nature-based solutions—from theories and laboratories to fields and actions;
- New policies;
- Public health;
- Risk assessment and modeling;
- Social awareness/human rights—concepts of leaving no one behind, pilot social studies, reactions from different societies;
- Sustainable water, wastewater, and waste treatment, including pilot scaled case studies;
- Resource circulation—conservation and recycling.
2. List of Contributions
- Al-Gheethi, A.; Al-Sahari, M.; Abdul Malek, M.; Noman, E.; Al-Maqtari, Q.; Mohamed, R.; Talip, B.A.; Alkhadher, S.; Hossain, M.S. Disinfection Methods and Survival of SARS-CoV-2 in the Environment and Contaminated Materials: A Bibliometric Analysis. Sustainability 2020, 12, 7378. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12187378.
- Amnuaylojaroen, T.; Inkom, J.; Janta, R.; Surapipith, V. Long Range Transport of Southeast Asian PM2.5 Pollution to Northern Thailand during High Biomass Burning Episodes. Sustainability 2020, 12, 10049. https://doi.org/10.3390/su122310049.
- Blazy, R.; Hrehorowicz-Gaber, H.; Hrehorowicz-Nowak, A.; Płachta, A. The Synergy of Ecosystems of Blue and Green Infrastructure and Its Services in the Metropolitan Area—Chances and Dangers. Sustainability 2021, 13, 2103. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13042103.
- Coccia, M. How (Un)sustainable Environments Are Related to the Diffusion of COVID-19: The Relation between Coronavirus Disease 2019, Air Pollution, Wind Resource and Energy. Sustainability 2020, 12, 9709. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12229709.
- Gopalakrishnan, Y.; Al-Gheethi, A.; Abdul Malek, M.; Marisa Azlan, M.; Al-Sahari, M.; Radin Mohamed, R.M.S.; Alkhadher, S.; Noman, E. Removal of Basic Brown 16 from Aqueous Solution Using Durian Shell Adsorbent, Optimisation and Techno-Economic Analysis. Sustainability 2020, 12, 8928. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12218928.
- Hashemi, S. Sanitation Sustainability Index: A Pilot Approach to Develop a Community-Based Indicator for Evaluating Sustainability of Sanitation Systems. Sustainability 2020, 12, 6937. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12176937.
- Hassan, A.; G Almatar, M.; Torab, M.; Allen, C.D. Environmental Urban Plan for Failaka Island, Kuwait: A Study in Urban Geomorphology. Sustainability 2020, 12, 7125. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12177125.
- Kärenlampi, P.P. Diversity of Carbon Storage Economics in Fertile Boreal Spruce (Picea Abies) Estates. Sustainability 2021, 13, 560. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13020560.
- Li, Y.; Wang, X.; Dong, X. Delineating an Integrated Ecological and Cultural Corridor Network: A Case Study in Beijing, China. Sustainability 2021, 13, 412. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13010412.
- Mofijur, M.; Rizwanul Fattah, I.M.; Saiful Islam, A.B.M.; Uddin, M.N.; Ashrafur Rahman, S.M.; Chowdhury, M.A.; Alam, M.A.; Uddin, M..A. Relationship between Weather Variables and New Daily COVID-19 Cases in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Sustainability 2020, 12, 8319. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12208319.
- Muliadi, F.N.A.; Halmi, M.I.E.; Wahid, S.B.A.; Gani, S.S.A.; Mahmud, K.; Shukor, M.Y.A. Immobilization of Metanil Yellow Decolorizing Mixed Culture FN3 Using Gelling Gum as Matrix for Bioremediation Application. Sustainability 2021, 13, 36. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13010036.
- Muliadi, F.N.A.; Halmi, M.I.E.; Wahid, S.B.A.; Gani, S.S.A.; Zaidan, U.H.; Mahmud, K.; Abd Shukor, M.Y. Biostimulation of Microbial Communities from Malaysian Agricultural Soil for Detoxification of Metanil Yellow Dye; a Response Surface Methodological Approach. Sustainability 2021, 13, 138. https://doi.org/10.3390/su13010138.
- Nur-E-Alam, M.; Hoque, M.N.; Ahmed, S.M.; Basher, M.K.; Das, N. Energy Engineering Approach for Rural Areas Cattle Farmers in Bangladesh to Reduce COVID-19 Impact on Food Safety. Sustainability 2020, 12, 8609. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12208609.
- Rahman, M.; Thill, J.-C.; Paul, K.C. COVID-19 Pandemic Severity, Lockdown Regimes, and People’s Mobility: Early Evidence from 88 Countries. Sustainability 2020, 12, 9101. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12219101.
- Roblek, V.; Thorpe, O.; Bach, M.P.; Jerman, A.; Meško, M. The Fourth Industrial Revolution and the Sustainability Practices: A Comparative Automated Content Analysis Approach of Theory and Practice. Sustainability 2020, 12, 8497. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12208497.
- Scharf, M.; Heide, L.; Grahle, A.; Syré, A.M.; Göhlich, D. Environmental Impact of Subsidy Concepts for Stimulating Car Sales in Germany. Sustainability 2020, 12, 10037. https://doi.org/10.3390/su122310037.
- Tanveer, M.; Hassan, S.; Bhaumik, A. Academic Policy Regarding Sustainability and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Sustainability 2020, 12, 9435. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12229435.
- White, I.; Falkland, T.; Kula, T. National Versus Local Sustainable Development Plans and Island Priorities in Sanitation: Examples from the Kingdom of Tonga. Sustainability 2020, 12, 9379. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12229379.
- Woo, B.L.; Lim, M.K.; Park, E.Y.; Park, J.; Ryu, H.; Jung, D.; Ramirez, M.J.; Yang, W. Characteristics of Non-Smokers’ Exposure Using Indirect Smoking Indicators and Time Activity Patterns. Sustainability 2020, 12, 9099. https://doi.org/10.3390/su12219099.
3. Content and Significance of Contributions
Institutional Review Board Statement
Informed Consent Statement
Data Availability Statement
Conflicts of Interest
- Kuhlman, T.; Farrington, J. What is Sustainability? Sustainability 2010, 2, 3436–3448. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Gorbalenya, A.E.; Baker, S.C.; Baric, R.S.; de Groot, R.J.; Drosten, C.; Gulyaeva, A.A.; Haagmans, B.L.; Lauber, C.; Leontovich, A.M.; Neuman, B.W. The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: Classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2. Nat. Microbiol. 2020, 5, 536–544. [Google Scholar]
- Barbier, E.; Burgess, J. Sustainability and Development after COVID-19. World Dev. 2020, 135, 105082. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Sustainability Webinar | COVID-19 and the Sustainability of Clean Environment for Human & Nature: Visions, Challenges, and Solutions. Available online: https://sustainability-4.sciforum.net/ (accessed on 29 March 2021).
- Narzetti, D.A.; Marques, R.C. Access to Water and Sanitation Services in Brazilian Vulnerable Areas: The Role of Regulation and Recent Institutional Reform. Water 2021, 13, 787. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
Publisher’s Note: MDPI stays neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.
© 2021 by the author. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).