Institutional Review Board Statement
Informed Consent Statement
Data Availability Statement
Conflicts of Interest
- Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resources Cenrer. COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins Univesity. 2021. Available online: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html (accessed on 12 June 2021).
- Prata, J.C.; Silva, A.L.P.; Walker, T.R.; Duarte, A.C.; Rocha-Santos, T. COVID-19 pandemic repercussions on the use and management of plastics. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2020, 54, 7760–7765. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- The Express Wire. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Market 2021 Is Estimated to Clock a Modest CAGR of 2.4% during the Forecast Period 2021–2026 with Top Countries Data. 2021. Available online: https://www.theexpresswire.com/pressrelease/Personal-Protective-Equipment-PPE-Market-2021-is-estimated-to-clock-a-modest-CAGR-of-24during-the-forecast-period-2021-2026-With-Top-Countries-Data_12861712 (accessed on 12 June 2021).
- Liang, Y.; Song, Q.; Wu, N.; Li, J.; Zhong, Y.; Zeng, W. Repercussions of COVID-19 pandemic on solid waste generation and management strategies. Front. Environ. Sci. Eng. 2021, 15, 115. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Khoo, K.S.; Ho, L.Y.; Lim, H.R.; Leong, H.Y.; Chew, K.W. Plastic waste associated with the COVID-19 pandemic: Crisis or opportunity? J. Hazard. Mater. 2021, 417, 126108. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- De-la-Torre, G.E.; Aragaw, T.A. What we need to know about PPE associated with the COVID-19 pandemic in the marine environment. Mar. Pollut. Bull. 2021, 163, 111879. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Wang, Z.; An, C.; Chen, X.; Lee, K.; Zhang, B.; Feng, Q. Disposable masks release microplastics to the aqueous environment with exacerbation by natural weathering. J. Hazard. Mater. 2021, 417, 126036. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Doremalen Nv Bushmaker, T.; Morris, D.H.; Holbrook, M.G.; Gamble, A.; Williamson, B.N.; Tamin, A.; Harcourt, J.L.; Thornburg, N.J.; Gerber, S.I.; Lloyd-Smith, J.O.; et al. Aerosol and surface stability of SARS-CoV-2 as compared with SARS-CoV-1. N. Engl. J. Med. 2020, 382, 1564–1657. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Sun, Y.; Yuan, J.; Zhou, T.; Zhao, Y.; Yu, F.; Ma, J. Laboratory simulation of microplastics weathering and its adsorption behaviors in an aqueous environment: A systematic review. Environ. Pollut. 2020, 265 Pt B, 114864. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Sun, Y.; Ren, X.; Rene, E.R.; Wang, Z.; Zhou, L.; Zhang, Z.; Wang, Q. The degradation performance of different microplastics and their effect on microbial community during composting process. Bioresour. Technol. 2021, 332, 125133. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Vu, H.L.; Ng, K.T.W.; Richter, A.; Karimi, N.; Kabir, G. Modeling of municipal waste disposal rates during COVID-19 using separated waste fraction models. Sci. Total Environ. 2021, 789, 148024. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Jones, S. Waste management in Australia Is an environmental crisis: What needs to change so adaptive governance can help? Sustainability 2020, 12, 9212. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Doustmohammadi, N.; Babazadeh, R. Design of closed loop supply chain of wood plastic composite (WPC) Industry. J. Environ. Inform. 2020, 35, 94–102. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Richter, A.; Ng, K.T.W.; Vu, H.L.; Kabir, G. Waste disposal characteristics and data variability in a mid-sized Canadian city during COVID-19. Waste. Manag. 2021, 122, 49–54. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Richter, A.; Ng, K.T.W.; Vu, H.L.; Kabir, G. Identification of behaviour patterns in waste collection and disposal during the first wave of COVID-19 in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. J. Environ. Manag. 2021, 290, 112663. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Publisher’s Note: MDPI stays neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.
© 2021 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).