|B1: 30 March, 2015||Vision and Actions on Jointly Building Silk Road Economic Belt And 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road||I. Background||SDG17|
|- The Belt and Road Initiative aims to promote the connectivity of Asian, European and African continents and their adjacent seas, establish and strengthen partnerships among the countries along the Belt and Road, set up all-dimensional, multi-tiered and composite connectivity networks, and realize diversified, independent, balanced and sustainable development in these countries.|
|B2: 29 June, 2015||Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Articles of Agreement||Article 1 Purpose||SDG8|
|1. The purpose of the Bank shall be to: (i) Foster sustainable economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in infrastructure and other productive sectors; |
|B3: 31 March, 2017||“The Belt and Road” Vision and Actions for Cooperation in Metrology||- With the constant development of society, metrology, as an important means of social governance, lays the groundwork for economic development, serves as a foundation for fair trade, supports technological progress, has play a significant role in global trade and sustainable economic as well as social development.||SDG8|
|I. General ideas|
|- With combined efforts, we should promote the innovation and development of an international metrological system, encourage international mutual recognition for metrology, facilitate trade liberalization and contribute to the sustainable development of regional economies and societies.|
|B4: 08 May, 2017||Guidance on Promoting Green Belt and Road||I. Significance||SDG12|
|(i) - Promoting green Belt and Road is an internal need to share the ecological civilization philosophy and achieve sustainable development.|
- Promoting green Belt and Road and strengthening eco-environment protection will help improve mutual understanding and support among governments, enterprises and people of countries along the ‘Belt and Road’ route, share China’s experience and practice in ecological civilization and green development, enhance capability for eco-environment protection, prevent eco-environment risk, facilitate joint achievement of 2030 sustainable development goals by countries and regions along the route and provide sound service, support and guarantee for the building of the ‘Belt and Road’.
|II. Overall requirements|
|(iii) Main objectives|
We will build up a mutually beneficial cooperation network, new cooperation model and diversified cooperation platform while taking into account the demands for ecological civilization green growth and sustainable development of the countries along the route.
|III. Main tasks|
|(i) Comprehensively serve the ‘Five Goals’, promote green development and ensure eco-environment safety|
1. We will highlight the ecological civilization philosophy, strengthen communication on eco-environment protection policy and facilitate people-to-people bonds. We will, according to the overall requirements of the ‘Belt and Road’ Initiative and by centering around ecological civilization, sustainable development goals and relevant environmental protection requirements, coordinate existing domestic and international cooperation mechanisms, leverage on the role of eco-environment protection as a window for international cooperation, strengthen integration of eco-environment protection strategies and plans of countries or regions along the route, and build cooperation and exchange systems.
4. We will advance green trade and promote sustainable production and consumption. We will study and formulate policy measures and relevant standards and codes and boost green trade.
|B5: 10 May, 2017||Building the Belt and Road: Concept, Practice and China’s Contribution||Preamble||SDG6|
|- Cooperation helps to promote efficiency in the flow of elements and in-depth integration of markets, to achieve diversified, independent, balanced and sustainable development.|
|III. Areas of Cooperation: Economy and Culture|
|(2) Enhancing economic and trade cooperation|
-China attaches importance to furthering such ties to bring benefits to all, and building a more balanced, equal and sustainable trade system.
(5) Strengthening cooperation on ecological and environmental protection
–Strengthening cooperation in protecting forests and wildlife: China has signed 35 forestry cooperation agreements with the B&R countries, and founded the China-ASEAN and China-CEE forestry cooperation mechanisms, in an effort to promote the sustainable development of forestry and protect forest resources.
- It is cooperating with Russia on the protection and use of forest resources, the prevention of fires in border areas, and the protection of migratory birds; with Mongolia on the protection of wildlife, and the prevention and control of desertification; with Egypt, Israel, Iran, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, Laos and Myanmar on the prevention and control of desertification, sustainable use of forestry, wild- life protection, sustainable management of the ecological system and wetland protection, and on addressing climate change regarding forestry.
|IV. Diverse Cooperative Mechanisms|
|- Kazakhstan’s Bright Road economy policy, Saudi Arabia’s oil and gas program for its western region, Mongolia’s Prairie Road program, the EU’s Investment Plan for Europe, ASEAN’s Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity 2025, Poland’s Responsible Development Strategy, Indonesia’s Global Maritime Fulcrum Strategy, Turkey’s Middle Corridor Initiative, Serbia’s Reindustrialization Strategy, APEC’s Connectivity Blueprint for 2015–2025, the Asia-Europe Connectivity Initiative and the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, are all complementary to China’s Belt and Road Initiative.|
|V. A Future Vision Based on Reality|
|- It is a community pursuing peace on the basis of common, comprehensive, cooperative and sustainable security and striving for a world where all countries respect each other’s core interests and resolve disputes peacefully.|
- A high level of connectivity and reinforced pragmatic cooperation on the Eurasia Continent and surrounding oceans will enable all civilizations in the region to further tap the enormous potential of this region, increase the exchange of ideas and mutual learning, and work together to achieve diverse, independent, balanced and sustainable development.
- China is committed to working together with other countries to foster the environment-friendly and sound development of the Belt and Road, featuring peace and the exchange of wisdom, and to build a global economy that is more vibrant, open, inclusive, stable and sustainable.
|B6: 12 May, 2017||Vision and Action on Jointly Promoting Agricultural|
Cooperation on the Belt and Road
|- Countries are respected to choose their own development path and mode. Agricultural cooperation along the Belt and Road echoes goals on food and agriculture of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and advocates the principle of mutual consultation, joint efforts and shared interests for a green Silk Road.|
|VI. Action and Future|
|In the future, China will keep promoting agricultural cooperation under the Belt and Road Initiative by partaking in the|
development of regional agricultural cooperation platform(s), supporting talks on agriculture-related trade and investment agreements bilaterally or multilaterally, jointly devising the plan of bilateral cooperation on agricultural investment, increasing agricultural investment in least developed countries, facilitating implementation of 10 cooperation plans between China and Africa, mobilizing the “South-South Cooperation Assistance Fund” and promoting South-South Cooperation in agriculture, supporting developing countries to implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, engaging in agricultural cooperation with developed countries innovatively, assisting in formation of a new pattern of relationship on agricultural cooperation and promoting agricultural sustainability in the world.
|B7: 14 May, 2017||The Belt and Road Ecological and Environmental Cooperation|
|(I) A fundamental requirement of environment-friendly Belt and Road|
The cooperation on eco-environmental protection meets the fundamental requirement of reinforcing eco-friendly Belt
and Road construction with a view to sustainable development and common prosperity while practicing the concepts of ecological civilization and green development.
(III) An important measure to implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development of the United Nations aims to jointly improve the welfare of all mankind and clearly specifies the targets of green development and environmental protection, mapping the road to sustainable development and international development cooperation in the next decades. The cooperation on eco-environmental protection under the framework of the Belt and Road Initiative will inject an effective impetus to accomplishment of environmental targets in the Agenda in countries along the routes.
|II. Overarching Requirements|
|(I) Guiding ideology|
- A new pattern of higher-level cooperation on eco-environmental protection among diverse stakeholders will be created in the Belt and Road, thus contributing to the realization of Sustainable Development Goals.
(III) Development goals
To 2030, we will promote cooperation on eco-environmental protection with higher standards and at deeper levels to accomplish the Sustainable Development Goals.
|V. Promote Sustainable Production and Consumption and Boost Green Trade|
|(II) Provide more support to green demonstration projects|
Promote green foreign aid: We will develop strategies and action plans for green foreign aid which focuses on the fields of pollution control, ecological conservation, environmental protection technologies and industries, as well as sustainable production and consumption.
|B8: 16 May, 2017||Joint communique of leaders roundtable of Belt and Road forum||General Context||SDG1|
|2. - The UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development with the set of Sustainable Development Goals at its core provides a new blueprint of international cooperation.|
3. - In this context, we welcome bilateral, triangular, regional and multilateral cooperation where countries place emphasis on eradicating poverty, creating jobs, addressing the consequences of international financial crises, promoting sustainable development and advancing market-based industrial transformation and economic diversification.
4. - All countries, especially developing ones, still face common challenges of eradicating poverty, promoting inclusive and sustained economic growth and achieving sustainable development.
6. - We also emphasize the opportunities which can be created by communication and coordination among other global, regional and national frameworks and initiatives for promoting cooperation in connectivity and sustainable development, such as the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Addis Ababa Action Agenda, Agenda 2063 of the African Union, Ancient Civilizations Forum, APEC Connectivity Blueprint, ASEAN Community Vision 2025, Asia-Europe Meeting and its group on path-finder of connectivity, Caravanserai Customs Initiative, China and Central and Eastern European Countries Cooperation, China-Europe Land-Sea Express Route, East-West Middle Corridor Initiative, EU-China Connectivity Platform, EU Eastern Partnership, Eurasian partnership based on the principles of equality, openness and transparency, Initiative for the Integration of Regional Infrastructure in South America, Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity 2025, Main Directions for Economic Development of the Eurasian Economic Union until 2030, Paris Agreement on Climate Change, Trans-European Transport Networks, Western Balkans 6 Connectivity Agenda and WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement.
|12. - We are determined to protect the planet from degradation, including through taking urgent action on climate change and encouraging all parties which have ratified it to fully implement the Paris Agreement, managing the natural resources in an equitable and sustainable manner, conserving and sustainably using oceans and seas, freshwater resources, as well as forests, mountains and dry-lands, protecting biodiversity, ecosystems and wildlife, combating desertification and land degradation so as to achieving sustainable development in its three dimensions in a balanced and integrated manner.|
|14. c) Harmony and inclusiveness: Acknowledging the natural and cultural diversity of the world and recognizing that all cultures and civilizations can contribute to sustainable development.|
|15. k) Jointly working on a long-term, stable and sustainable financing system; enhancing financial infrastructure connectivity, by exploring new models and platforms of investment and financing and improving financial services; assessing the opportunity to better serve local financial market; and encouraging development-oriented financial institutions to play an active role and strengthen cooperation with multilateral development institutions.|
|Our Vision for the Future|
|17. We reiterate that promoting peace, mutually-beneficial cooperation, and honoring the purposes and principles of the UN Charter and international law are our shared responsibilities; achieving inclusive and sustainable growth and development, and improving people’s quality of life are our common goals; creating a prosperous and peaceful community with shared future for mankind is our common aspiration.|
|B9: 16 May, 2017||Guiding Principles on Financing the Development of the Belt and Road||- Therefore, we, finance ministers of Argentina, Belarus, Cambodia, Chile, China, Czech, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Serbia, Sudan, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey and the United Kingdom, call upon the governments, financial institutions and companies from countries involved to follow the principles of equal-footed participation, mutual benefits and risk sharing as they work together to build a long-term, stable, sustainable financing system that is well placed to manage risks.|
4. - We reaffirm the important role of infrastructure in sustainable economic and social development.
- We encourage the interested parties to establish effective information flow between private sector and financial institutions, which support sustainable development through financing infrastructure investments.
7. - We support these institutions in strengthening of coordination and collaboration to provide sustainable financing, institutional know-how and consulting services to countries involved.
14. - We underscore the need to strengthen social and environmental impact assessment and risk management of projects, improve cooperation on energy conservation and environmental protection, fulfill social responsibilities, promote local employment and ensure sustainable economic and social development.
15. - We recognize that financing arrangements for the development of the Belt and Road should benefit all businesses and populations in a way that supports sustainable and inclusive development.
|B10: 16 May, 2017||Vision and Actions on Energy Cooperation in Jointly Building Silk Road Economic Belt and 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road||I. Global Energy Development||SDG7|
|- The supply and demand balance in the market is generally easing; response to climate change is moving into a new stage; a new round of revolution in energy technology accelerates; a new mechanism for global energy governance is developing; but the goal of “sustainable energy for all” is nonetheless far from reach and all countries face big challenges in their energy development.|
|II. Cooperation Priorities|
|(VI) Sustainable energy for all. We will actively implement the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and Paris Agreement on climate change. We will advance affordable, reliable and sustainable modern energy services for all, promote clean energy investment and development in relevant countries and work together to achieve greater energy efficiency.|
|B11: 22 May, 2017||Initiative on Promoting Unimpeded Trade Cooperation along the Belt and Road||- In light of sluggish global economic growth, the participants in this initiative (hereinafter referred to as “the participants”) recognize that it is important to promote more dynamic, inclusive and sustainable economic globalization, enhance trade and investment liberalization and facilitation, resist protectionism, boost unimpeded trade cooperation along the Belt and Road and achieve win-win outcomes, while respecting the development objectives of countries.||SDG9|
|III. Promoting inclusive and sustainable development|
|- The participants reiterate their commitment to implement the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, enhance economic and technical cooperation and capacity building for trade and investment and create conditions for inclusive and sustainable development in its three dimensions. economic, social and environmental. in a balanced and integrated manner.|
- China will also support trade and investment cooperation programs tailor-made by UN agencies and the WTO for Belt and Road countries to help deliver inclusive and sustainable development.
|B12: 20 June, 2017 ||Vision for Maritime Cooperation under the Belt and Road Initiative||I. Background||SDG9|
|- The oceans comprise the largest ecosystem on earth, contributing valuable assets for human survival and a common arena for sustainable development.|
- China advocates the Silk Road Spirit—“peace and cooperation, openness and inclusiveness, mutual learning and mutual benefit”, and exerts efforts to implement the United Nation’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in the field of coasts and oceans. China is willing to work closely with countries along the Road, engage in all-dimensional and broad-scoped maritime cooperation and build open and inclusive cooperation platforms, and establish a constructive and pragmatic Blue Partnership to forge a “blue engine” for sustainable development.
|IV. Cooperation Priorities|
|4.2 Ocean-based prosperity|
- Participating in Arctic affairs: Chinese enterprises are encouraged to join in sustainable exploration of Arctic resources in a responsible way.
4.4 Innovative growth
- Innovation is one of the main drivers for the sustainable development of ocean-based economies.
- Building platforms for marine technology cooperation: Efforts will be undertaken to facilitate the development of the APEC Marine Sustainable Development Center, the East Asia Marine Cooperation Platform, the China-ASEAN Marine Cooperation Center, the China-ASEAN College of Marine Sciences, the China-PEMSEA Sustainable Coastal Management Cooperation Center, the China-Malaysia Joint Marine Research Center, the China-Indonesia Center for Ocean and Climate, the China-Thailand Joint Laboratory for Climate and Marine Ecosystem, the China-Pakistan Joint Marine Scientific Research Center and the China-Israel Seawater Desalination Joint Research Center, so as to improve our capacity to achieve innovation in marine technology.