Asymptotic Behavior of the Maximum Entropy Routing in Computer Networks
1.1. Maximum Entropy Method
1.2. Definition of the MEM
1.3. Network Design Problem
- For given locations of nodes, traffic matrix (offered traffic for each pair of nodes) and cost matrix (cost to transfer a message for each pair of nodes)
- With performance constraints: reliability, delay (time that a message spend in the network), throughput
- Find values for variables: topology (which nodes will be connected directly with a line and which will have to communicate indirectly, using other nodes as intermediate stations), line capacities (how much traffic will each link be able to carry), flow assignment - routing (which paths messages between any pair of nodes will follow)
- Minimize the cost (of building and maintaining the whole network).
1.4. MEM for NDP
2. Asymptotic Behavior of the MEM Routing
- Bindzus, N.; Iversen, B.B. Maximum-entropy-method charge densities based on structure-factor extraction with the commonly used Rietveld refinement programs GSAS, FullProf and Jana2006. Acta Crystallogr. A 2012, 68, 750–762. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Nagasaki, T.; Shiotani, S.; Igawa, N.; Yoshino, M.; Iwasaki, K.; Fukazawa, H.; Utsumi, W. Neutron powder diffraction and difference maximum entropy method analysis of protium- and deuterium-dissolved BaSn(0.5)In(0.5)O2.75+alpha. J. Solid State Chem. 2009, 182, 2632–2639. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Movahednejad, E.; Ommi, F.; Hosseinalipour, S.M.; Chen, C.P.; Mahdavi, S.A. Application of maximum entropy method for droplet size distribution prediction using instability analysis of liquid sheet. Heat Mass Transf. 2011, 47, 1591–1600. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Checa, R.; Tapiador, F.J. A maximum entropy modelling of the rain drop size distribution. Entropy 2011, 13, 293–315. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Murata, M.; Uchimoto, K.; Utiyama, M.; Ma, Q.; Nishimura, R.; Watanabe, Y.; Doi, K.; Torisawa, K. Using the maximum entropy method for natural language processing: Category estimation, feature extraction, and error correction. Cogn. Comput. 2010, 2, 272–279. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Xie, C.; Kockelman, K.M.; Waller, S.T. Maximum entropy method for subnetwork origin-destination trip matrix estimation. Transp. Res. Record 2010, 2196, 111–119. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Wang, X.; Li, L.; Yao, L.; Anwar, W. A Maximum Entropy Approach to Chinese Pin Yin-To-Character Conversion. In IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics; Taipei, Taiwan, 8–11 October 2006, Volume 4, pp. 2956–2959.
- Dapeng, W.; Dazhi, W.; Baolin, W.; Liang, Z.; Fu, W.; Zhide, L. Improvement on the modified maximum entropy method for texture analysis by particle swarm optimization. Acta Metall. Sinica 2009, 45, 63–66. [Google Scholar]
- Baikova, A.T. Reconstructing images from projections using the maximum-entropy method. Numerical simulations of low-aspect astrotomography. Astron. Rep. 2007, 51, 891–902. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Ciavolino, E.; Dahlgaard, J. Simultaneous Equation Model based on the generalized maximum entropy for studying the effect of management factors on enterprise performance. J. Appl. Stat. 2009, 36, 801–815. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Pires, C.A.L.; Perdigao, R.A.P. Minimum mutual information and non-gaussianity through the maximum entropy method: Theory and properties. Entropy 2012, 14, 1103–1126. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Shamilov, A. Generalized entropy optimization problems and the existence of their solutions. Phys. A: Stat. Mech. Appl. 2007, 382, 465–472. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Darooneh, A.H.; Naeimi, G.; Mehri, A.; Sadeghi, P. Tsallis entropy, escort probability and the incomplete information theory. Entropy 2010, 12, 2497–2503. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Jaynes, E.T. Information theory and statistical mechanics. Phys. Rev. Series II 1957, 106, 620–630. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Jaynes, E.T. Information theory and statistical mechanics II. Phys. Rev. Series II 1957, 108, 171–190. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Tuba, M. Maximum Entropy Method and Underdetermined Systems Applied to Computer Network Topology and Routing. In Proceedings of the 9th WSEAS International Conference on Applied Informatics and Communications, Moscow, Russia, 20–22 August 2009; pp. 127–132.
- An, B.; Lee, J.S.; Kim, N.S. An entropy based cooperative-aided routing protocol for mobile ad-hoc networks. In Proceedings of third International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN), Dalian, China, 20–22 June 2011; pp. 31–36.
- Baolin, S.; Chao, G.; Ying, S. Energy entropy on-demand multipath routing protocol for mobile ad hoc networks. China Commun. 2011, 8, 75–83. [Google Scholar]
- Wang, X.; Ma, J.; Wang, S. Parallel energy-efficient coverage optimization with maximum entropy clustering in wireless sensor networks. J. Parallel Distrib. Comput. 2009, 69, 838–847. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- An, B.; Lee, J.S.; Kim, N.S. An Entropy-based Routing Protocol using Mobility in Mobile Ad-hoc Wireless Sensor Networks. In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology, Phoenix Park, Korea, 15–18 February 2009; pp. 949–952.
- Tuba, M. Maximum entropy method solution for computer networks initial topology and feasible routing. Comput. Simul. Mod. Sci. 2010, 3, 47–56. [Google Scholar]
- Tuba, M. An Algorithm for the Network Design Problem Based on the Maximum Entropy Method. In Proceedings of the American Conference on Applied Mathematics, Cambridge, USA, January 27-29, 2010; pp. 206–211.
- Tuba, M. Guided Maximum Entropy Method Algorithm for the Network Topology and Routing. Int. J. Math. Mod. Meth. Appl. Sci. 2011, 5, 620–627. [Google Scholar]
- CsiszÃ¡r, I. Axiomatic characterizations of information measures. Entropy 2008, 10, 261–273. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
© 2013 by the authors; licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).
Share and Cite
Tuba, M. Asymptotic Behavior of the Maximum Entropy Routing in Computer Networks. Entropy 2013, 15, 361-371. https://doi.org/10.3390/e15010361
Tuba M. Asymptotic Behavior of the Maximum Entropy Routing in Computer Networks. Entropy. 2013; 15(1):361-371. https://doi.org/10.3390/e15010361Chicago/Turabian Style
Tuba, Milan. 2013. "Asymptotic Behavior of the Maximum Entropy Routing in Computer Networks" Entropy 15, no. 1: 361-371. https://doi.org/10.3390/e15010361