The journal Fire (MDPI, Switzerland, ISSN 2571-6255, mdpi.com/journal/fire) is inviting applications for the Fire 2021 Best Ph.D. Thesis Award. This prize will be awarded to a Ph.D. student who is about to graduate or participate in the graduation thesis. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the Fire Editorial Board.
– The candidate must be a Ph.D. student who is going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses;
– The PhD thesis must be original work;
– The PhD thesis must be defended between 1 February, 2020 and 31 May, 2021;
– Applicants are required to submit the following documents;
a. An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English, of around 3000 words;
b. A letter from PhD supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
c. The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
d. An electronic copy of the PhD thesis;
e. A scanned copy of the PhD diploma.
– Quality of resume and publications;
– Relevance of the candidate and research description;
– Novelty of the candidate’s PhD thesis;
– Strength of the recommendation letter;
– Anticipated academic potential;
– Originality and impact of the research.
– Bonus (800 CHF);
– Offer to publish a featured paper in Fire with the article processing charge (APC) waived before the end of 2022.
How to apply?
Please submit your application online.
The application deadline is 30 June 2021. The winner will be announced on the Fire website by the end of August 2021.
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any questions.