We are pleased to announce that Fire will be granting a Travel Award to one junior scientist. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee consisting of senior scholars from the Fire Editorial Board.
This award provides financial support for the winner to attend an international conference in the field of the science, policy, and technology of fires. Planned for 2024, the winner will be invited to hold a presentation, present a poster, or both.
– Postdoctoral fellows or PhD students.
– Plans to attend an international conference in 2024 (oral presentation or poster).
Required Application Documents:
– Information of the conference the applicant is planning to attend and the abstract that will be submitted.
– Curriculum Vitae and list of publications.
– Justification letter describing the focus of the research (max. 800 words).
– Letter of recommendation from the supervisor, research director, or department head, which also confirms the applicant’s status as a postdoctoral fellow/PhD student.
The winner will be awarded CHF 500 and a certificate.
Please submit your applications for the Fire 2024 Travel Award online by 30 April 2024. Prizes will be awarded at the end of June 2024 and announced on the Fire website.
Fire Editorial Office