Clinico-Pathological Correlation in Dermatopathology
A section of Dermatopathology (ISSN 2296-3529).
The “Clinico-Pathological Correlation in Dermatopathology” Section utilizes a case-based format for biopsy reviews to present complex dermatologic scenarios. With clinical and histologic information, a differential diagnosis is formulated and processed. This Section will provide dermatologists and dermatopathologists with data on important skin disorders and an improved ability to recognize complex dermatologic conditions utilizing their clinical and histologic findings.
These articles will cover valuable cases and topics demonstrating educational value in dermatology and dermatopathology. The subject areas include but are not limited to:
- Inpatient Dermatology;
- Complex Medical Dermatology;
- Pediatric Dermatology;
- Challenging differentials in dermatology and dermatopathology;
- Emerging new diseases or reclassification of existing diseases;
- Rare variants of classic/common conditions;
- The value of close collaboration between dermatologists and dermatopathologists;
- The use of specialized testing to secure an accurate diagnosis.