Special Issue "Quo Vadis Ag Engineering"
A special issue of AgriEngineering (ISSN 2624-7402).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 March 2020).
Interests: solving livestock odor; air quality; emissions; measurement and control; ammonia; VOCs; GHG; environmental analytical chemistry; waste management; sustainable agriculture
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: livestock and poultry production systems, including ventilation, natural resource and energy efficiency, animal energetics, environmental control, precision livestock farming
Agricultural Engineering has deep historical roots in the advancement of agricultural production to promote producer education, environmental stewardship, and ultimately benefit society through a safe and secure food supply. It is a truly transdisciplinary profession spanning the fundamentals of engineering through agronomy, animal science, hydrology, biology, computer science, etc. This rich combination of disciplines continues to grow and develop as agricultural production continues to thrust into the digital age. While technology has greatly changed the research landscape, reflection on key foundational work and inventions is paramount for planning the future direction of Ag engineering.
This special issue, Quo Vadis Ag Engineering? will encompass topics from taking stock on past key work to navigating the future of Ag Engineering research and education. The overarching goal is to foster thought-provoking conversations and drive the momentum of the discipline into the future. Possible topics include:
- Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier. Can agricultural engineering catalyze interdisciplinary science and engineering research to understand and build the human-technology relationship; design new technologies to augment human performance; illuminate the emerging socio-technological landscape; and foster lifelong and pervasive learning with technology?
- Harnessing the Data Revolution. Can agricultural engineering lead the pursuit of fundamental research in data science and engineering, the develop a cohesive, federated, national-scale approach to research data infrastructure, and the development of a 21 -century data-capable workforce?
- Growing Convergence Research. Can agricultural engineering be in the position to lead a deep integration across the disciplines to address specific challenges or opportunities arising from deep scientific questions or pressing societal needs?
- Transdisciplinary Education and Future Workforce Preparation. Can agricultural engineering lead the transformation and career pathways to help to broaden participation in science and engineering?
- Mid-scale Research Infrastructure. Can agricultural engineering lead developing an agile process for in the mid-scale range, a "sweet spot" for science and engineering that has can fill the gap between lab-scale and national-scales?
All types of manuscript submissions are welcomed and will follow a rigorous peer-review process. We look forward to your submissions to create this truly unique and fascinating special issue.
Prof. Dr. Jacek Koziel
Dr. Brett Ramirez
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. AgriEngineering is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- precision agriculture
- precision livestock farming
- agriculture engineering
- biosystems engineering