The Impact of School Closure on Adolescents’ Wellbeing, and Steps towards to a New Normal: The Need for an Assessment Tool Update?
Institutional Review Board Statement
Informed Consent Statement
Conflicts of Interest
- United Nations. Policy Brief: Education during COVID-19 and beyond. August 2020. Available online: https://www.un.org/development/desa/dspd/wp-content/uploads/sites/22/2020/08/sg_policy_brief_covid-19_and_education_august_2020.pdf (accessed on 1 December 2020).
- The Lancet Child & Adolescent Health. Pandemic school closures: Risks and opportunities (editorial). Lancet Child Adolesc. Health 2020, 4, 341. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- World Health Organization. Schooling during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Recommendations from the European Technical Advisory Group for Schooling during COVID-19. Available online: https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/340872/WHO-EURO-2021-2151-41906-57497-eng.pdf (accessed on 3 July 2021).
- Viner, R.M.; Russell, S.J.; Croker, H.; Packer, J.; Ward, J.; Stansfield, C.; Mytton, O.; Bonell, C.; Booy, R. School closure and management practices during coronavirus outbreaks including COVID-19: A rapid systematic review. Lancet Child Adolesc. Health 2020, 4, 397–404. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Helavirta, S. Lapset Hyvinvointitiedon Tuottajina [Children as Producers of Well-Being Knowledge]. Ph.D. Thesis, University of Tampere, School of Social Sciences and Humanities, Acta Electronica Universitatis Tamperensis 1133, Tampere, Finland, 2011. [Google Scholar]
- Patton, G.C.; Sawyer, S.M.; Santelli, J.S.; Ross, D.A.; Afifi, R.; Allen, N.B.; Arora, M.; Azzopardi, P.; Baldwin, W.; Bonell, C.; et al. Our future: A Lancet commission on adolescent health and wellbeing. Lancet 2016, 387, 2423–2478. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef][Green Version]
- Voukelatou, V.; Gabrielli, L.; Miliou, I.; Cresci, S.; Sharma, R.; Tesconi, M.; Pappalardo, L. Measuring objective and subjective well-being: Dimensions and data sources. Int. J. Data Sci. Anal. 2020, 11, 279–309. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Grover, S. Why won’t they listen to us? On giving power and voice to children participating in social research. Childhood 2004, 11, 81–93. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Unicef. Unisef’s Innocenti’s COVID-19 Rapid Research Response. Living Document: Version 5 October 2020. Available online: https://www.unicef-irc.org/files/documents/d-4121-COVID-19%20Research%20at%20Innocenti_update.pdf (accessed on 15 March 2021).
- OECD. Measuring What Matters for Child Well-Being and Policies; OECD Publishing: Paris, France, 2021. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Efuribe, C.; Barre-Hemingway, M.; Vaghefi, E.; Suleiman, A.B. Coping with the COVID-19 crisis: A call for youth engagement and the inclusion of young people in matters that affect their lives. J. Adol. Health 2020, 67, 16. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Publisher’s Note: MDPI stays neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.
© 2021 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Share and Cite
Paakkari, L.; Jourdan, D.; Inchley, J.; Torppa, M. The Impact of School Closure on Adolescents’ Wellbeing, and Steps towards to a New Normal: The Need for an Assessment Tool Update? Adolescents 2021, 1, 360-362. https://doi.org/10.3390/adolescents1030027
Paakkari L, Jourdan D, Inchley J, Torppa M. The Impact of School Closure on Adolescents’ Wellbeing, and Steps towards to a New Normal: The Need for an Assessment Tool Update? Adolescents. 2021; 1(3):360-362. https://doi.org/10.3390/adolescents1030027Chicago/Turabian Style
Paakkari, Leena, Didier Jourdan, Jo Inchley, and Minna Torppa. 2021. "The Impact of School Closure on Adolescents’ Wellbeing, and Steps towards to a New Normal: The Need for an Assessment Tool Update?" Adolescents 1, no. 3: 360-362. https://doi.org/10.3390/adolescents1030027