Indoor Air Pollution: An Old Problem with New Challenges
References and Notes
- WHO Guidelines for Indoor Air Quality: Dampness and Mould; World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe: Copenhagen, Denmark, 2009.
- Reducing Risks, Promoting Healthy Life; World Health Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 2002.
- The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke: A Report of the Surgeon General; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coordinating Center for Health Promotion, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health: Atlanta, GA, USA, 2006.
- Weschler, CJ. Changes in indoor pollutants since the 1950s. Atmos. Environ 2009, 43, 153–169. [Google Scholar]
- Allen, JG; McClean, MD; Stapleton, HM; Nelson, JW; Webster, TF. Personal exposure to polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) in residential indoor air. Environ. Sci. Technol 2007, 41, 4574–4579. [Google Scholar]
- Rudel, RA; Perovich, LJ. Endocrine disrupting chemicals in indoor and outdoor air. Atmos. Environ 2009, 43, 170–181. [Google Scholar]
- Rudel, RA; Attfield, KR; Schifano, J; Brody, JG. Chemicals causing mammary gland tumors in animals signal new directions for epidemiology, chemicals testing, and risk assessment for breast cancer prevention. Cancer 2007, 109, 2635–2666. [Google Scholar]
- Bornehag, CG; Sundell, J; Weschler, CJ; Sigsgaard, T; Lundgren, B; Hasselgren, M; Hägerhed-Engman, L. The association between asthma and allergic symptoms in children and phthalates in house dust: a nested case-control study. Environ. Health Perspect 2004, 112, 1393–1397. [Google Scholar]
- Oie, L; Hersoug, L-G; Madsen, JO. Residential exposure to plasticizers and its possible role in the pathogenesis of asthma. Environ. Health Perspect 1997, 105, 972–978. [Google Scholar]
- Herrick, RF; McClean, MD; Meeker, JD; Baxter, LK; Weymouth, GA. An unrecognized source of PCB contamination in schools and other buildings. Environ. Health Perspect 2004, 112, 1051–1053. [Google Scholar]
- The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Promote Healthy Homes; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Surgeon General: Rockville, MD, USA, 2009.
© 2009 by the authors; licensee Molecular Diversity Preservation International, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open-access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).
Spengler, J.; Adamkiewicz, G. Indoor Air Pollution: An Old Problem with New Challenges. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2009, 6, 2880-2882. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph6112880
Spengler J, Adamkiewicz G. Indoor Air Pollution: An Old Problem with New Challenges. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2009; 6(11):2880-2882. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph6112880Chicago/Turabian Style
Spengler, John, and Gary Adamkiewicz. 2009. "Indoor Air Pollution: An Old Problem with New Challenges" International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 6, no. 11: 2880-2882. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph6112880