Materials and Methods
Reagents and Chemicals
Microtox Acute Toxicity Assay
Results and Discussion
- Al-Muzaini, S; Beg, MV; Ali, LN. Microtox assay for assessment of marine pollution in industrial discharge zone in Kuwait. Env. Toxicol. Water Qual 1997, 12, 109–115. [Google Scholar]
- Azur Environmental. Microtox-Acute Toxicity Basic Procedures; Carsbad, California, 1995. [Google Scholar]
- Konemann, H. Fish toxicity tests with mixtures of more than two chemicals: A proposal for a quantitative approach and experimental results. Toxicology 1981, 19, 229–238. [Google Scholar]
- Marking, LL. Method for assessing additive toxicity of chemical mixtures. FL MAYER, FL, HAMELINK, JL, Eds.; In Aquatic Toxicity and Hazard Evaluation. ASTM STP 634; American Society for Testing and Materials: Philadelphia, PA, 1977; pp. 99–108. [Google Scholar]
- Tchounwou, PB; Wilson, B; Ishaque, A; Ransome, R; Huang, MG; Leszczynsi, J. Toxicity assessment of atrazine and related triazine compounds in the Microtox assay, and computational modeling for their structure-activity relationship. Int. J. Mol. Sci 2000, 1, 63–74. [Google Scholar]
- United States Environmental Protection Agency. 2002. URL: http://www.epa.gov/safewater/mcl.html%23mcls.
- Verslycke, T; Vanghluwe, M; Heijerrick, D; De Schamphelaere, K; Sprang, PV; Janssen, CR. The toxicity of metal mixtures to the estuarine mysid, Neomysis integer (Crustacean: Mysidacea) under changing salinity. Aquatic Toxicology 2003, 64, 3. 307–315. [Google Scholar]
© 2006 by the authors; licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/).