Next Article in Journal
Authentic Youth Engagement in Environmental Health Research and Advocacy
Previous Article in Journal
Socioeconomic Factors Related to Job Satisfaction among Formal Care Workers in Nursing Homes for Older Dependent Adults
Open AccessArticle

Quality of Life and Associated Factors in Young Workers

1
Multidisciplinary Health Institute, Federal University of Bahia, Vitória da Conquista 45029094, Bahia, Brazil
2
Department of Natural Sciences, State University of Southwestern Bahia, Vitória da Conquista 45083900, Bahia, Brazil
3
Graduate Program in Epidemiology, School of Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre 90035003, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
*
Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Academic Editor: Paul B. Tchounwou
Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2021, 18(4), 2153; https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18042153
Received: 25 January 2021 / Revised: 10 February 2021 / Accepted: 15 February 2021 / Published: 23 February 2021
(This article belongs to the Section Health Behavior, Chronic Disease and Health Promotion)
Background: This study aimed to identify the factors associated with the quality of life of young workers of a Social Work of Industry Unit. Methods: This was a cross-sectional study conducted on 1270 workers. Data were collected using a digital questionnaire built on the KoBoToolbox platform that included the EUROHIS-QOL eight-item index to assess quality of life. Demographic, socioeconomic, behavioral, and clinical variables were considered explanatory. The associations were analyzed using the ordinal logistic regression model at a 5% significance level. Results: Men and women had a mean quality of life of 31.1 and 29.4, respectively. Workers that rated their health as “very good” had an odds ratio of 7.4 (95% confidence interval (CI) = 5.17–10.81), and those who rated it as “good” had an odds ratio of 2.9 (95% CI = 2.31–3.77). Both these groups of workers were more likely to have higher levels of quality of life as compared to workers with “regular”, “poor”, or “very poor” self-rated health. Physically active individuals were 30% more likely to have higher levels of quality of life (odds ratio = 1.3; 95% CI = 1.08–1.65). After adjusting the model by gender, age group, marital status, socioeconomic class, self-rated health, nutritional status, and risky alcohol consumption, the odds ratio of active individuals remained stable (odds ratio = 1.3; 95% CI = 1.05–1.66). Conclusions: In the present study, self-rated health, physical activity, and gender were associated with young workers’ quality of life. View Full-Text
Keywords: quality of life; occupational health; categories of workers; motor activity quality of life; occupational health; categories of workers; motor activity
MDPI and ACS Style

Andrade Louzado, J.; Lopes Cortes, M.; Oliveira, M.G.; Moraes Bezerra, V.; Mistro, S.; Souto de Medeiros, D.; Arruda Soares, D.; Oliveira Silva, K.; Nicolaevna Kochergin, C.; Honorato dos Santos de Carvalho, V.C.; Amorim, W.W.; Serrate Mengue, S. Quality of Life and Associated Factors in Young Workers. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2021, 18, 2153. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18042153

AMA Style

Andrade Louzado J, Lopes Cortes M, Oliveira MG, Moraes Bezerra V, Mistro S, Souto de Medeiros D, Arruda Soares D, Oliveira Silva K, Nicolaevna Kochergin C, Honorato dos Santos de Carvalho VC, Amorim WW, Serrate Mengue S. Quality of Life and Associated Factors in Young Workers. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2021; 18(4):2153. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18042153

Chicago/Turabian Style

Andrade Louzado, José; Lopes Cortes, Matheus; Oliveira, Márcio G.; Moraes Bezerra, Vanessa; Mistro, Sóstenes; Souto de Medeiros, Danielle; Arruda Soares, Daniela; Oliveira Silva, Kelle; Nicolaevna Kochergin, Clávdia; Honorato dos Santos de Carvalho, Vivian C.; Amorim, Welma W.; Serrate Mengue, Sotero. 2021. "Quality of Life and Associated Factors in Young Workers" Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 18, no. 4: 2153. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18042153

Find Other Styles
Note that from the first issue of 2016, MDPI journals use article numbers instead of page numbers. See further details here.

Article Access Map by Country/Region

1
Search more from Scilit
 
Search
Back to TopTop