Drought and Groundwater Development
Conflicts of Interest
- Ritchie, H.; Roser, M. Water Use and Stress. Published Online at OurWorldInData.org. 2017. Available online: https://ourworldindata.org/water-use-stress (accessed on 30 March 2023).
- Mengistu, T.D.; Chung, I.-M.; Kim, M.-G.; Chang, S.W.; Lee, J.E. Impacts and Implications of Land Use Land Cover Dynamics on Groundwater Recharge and Surface Runoff in East African Watershed. Water 2022, 14, 2068. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Ani, M.; Jaunat, J.; Marin, B.; Barel, M.; Gnandi, K. Long-Term Evolution of Rainfall and Its Consequences on Water Resources: Application to theWatershed of the Kara River (Northern Togo). Water 2022, 14, 1976. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Yun, S.-M.; Jeon, H.-T.; Cheong, J.-Y.; Kim, J.; Hamm, S.-Y. Combined Analysis of Net Groundwater Recharge Using Water Budget and Climate Change Scenarios. Water 2023, 15, 571. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Choi, M.-R.; Kim, G.-B. Effects of Hybrid-Type Artificial Groundwater Recharge and Underground Barrier in a Small Basin. Water 2022, 14, 1849. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Lee, J.-Y.; Woo, T.-Y. Performance Evaluation of Artificial Recharge–Water Intake System Using 3D Numerical Modeling. Water 2022, 14, 1974. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Noh, J.-H.; So, S.-H.; Park, J.-I.; Kim, S.-Y.; Song, K.-G.; Choi, J.; Kim, G.-B.; Son, H.; Kim, H.; Maeng, S.-K. An Assessment of the Effectiveness of Riverbank Filtration in a Sewage Plant Effluent-Impacted River Using a Full-Scale Horizontal Well. Water 2022, 14, 1873. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Mengistu, T.D.; Chang, S.W.; Kim, I.-H.; Kim, M.-G.; Chung, I.-M. Determination of Potential Aquifer Recharge Zones Using Geospatial Techniques for Proxy Data of Gilgel Gibe Catchment, Ethiopia. Water 2022, 14, 1362. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Arumugam, M.; Kulandaisamy, P.; Karthikeyan, S.; Thangaraj, K.; Senapathi, V.; Chung, S.Y.; Muthuramalingam, S.; Rajendran, M.; Sugumaran, S.; Manimuthu, S. An Assessment of Geospatial Analysis Combined with AHP Techniques to Identify Groundwater Potential Zones in the Pudukkottai District, Tamil Nadu, India. Water 2023, 15, 1101. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Sekar, S.; Kamaraj, J.; Poovalingam, S.; Raisamy, R.; Senapathi, V.; Chung, S.Y. Appraisal of Groundwater Vulnerability Pollution Mapping Using GIS Based GOD Index in Tiruchendur, Thoothukudi District, India. Water 2023, 15, 520. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Chung, I.-M.; Lee, J.; Kim, M.G.; Kim, I.-H.; Yifru, B.A. Analysis of Water Supply Capacity of a Sand Dam. Water 2022, 14, 3039. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Kim, B.R.; Lee, S.-I.; Yu, S.M. Conjunctive Operation of Sand Dam and Groundwater Well for Reliable Water Supply during Drought Conditions. Water 2022, 14, 2249. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
Short Biography of Author
|Dr. Sang Yong Chung completed his Ph.D. program in the Department of Geological Sciences, University of Nevada, Reno, U.S.A., and his M.Sc. and B.Sc. degrees in the Department of Geological Sciences, Seoul National University, Republic of Korea. He is interested in hydrogeology, geostatistical and artificial intelligence applications to groundwater, and assessment of groundwater contamination vulnerability. He worked in the Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Pukyong National University, Republic of Korea, for 35 years, and he is now an Emeritus Professor. He served as the President of the Korean Society of Soil and Groundwater Environment (KOSSGE) 20 years ago and is currently an advisor of the KOSSGE. He has published over 110 articles, including SCI international and domestic publications, and has presented his research at more than 150 international and domestic academic conferences. His academic accomplishments are available for viewing at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sang Yong Chung.|
|Dr. Gyoo-Bum Kim completed his B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D. in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Seoul National University in South Korea. From January 1991 to October 2015, he worked in various fields, including water resource policies, groundwater databases, groundwater investigations, and research at the Korea Water Resources Corporation. Since October 2015, he has been a professor of Disaster Safety Engineering at Daejeon University, where he is responsible for research and education in fields such as hydrogeology, geostatistics, artificial neural networks, artificial recharge, and environmental monitoring. He has served as the head of two large government-funded research projects, the “Riverside Groundwater Research Project” and the “Drought Response Groundwater Research Project (GW-SMART Project)”, for 10 years and has published over 110 SCI international and domestic research papers to date.|
|Dr. Venkatramanan Senapathi completed his Ph.D. in the field of Environmental Geochemistry at Annamalai University, India, in 2013. He was a postdoctoral fellow (Brain Korea, BK21) at the School of Earth Environmental Hazard System, Pukyong National University, Busan, Republic of Korea, from 2013 to 2017. He also worked as a visiting research faculty member in the Department for Management of Science and Technology Development, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, from 2016 to 2020. He is currently working in the Department of Disaster Management, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu, India. He has published more than 100 papers, which are indexed in Thomson Reuters and Scopus (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Venkatramanan-Senapathi). He was also an alternate faculty member in the Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences at Pukyong National University during the 2015–2016 academic year. He has more than 10 years of experience in research and teaching. Recently, he edited two books on “GIS and Geo-statistical Techniques for Groundwater Science” and “Groundwater Contamination in Coastal Aquifers” published by Elsevier in 2019 and 2022. He is also currently editing books on “meso- and microplastic risk assessment in marine environment: New threats” with Elsevier. His research mainly focuses on the environmental geochemistry of water and sediments with respect to new contaminants and their sustainable management.|
Disclaimer/Publisher’s Note: The statements, opinions and data contained in all publications are solely those of the individual author(s) and contributor(s) and not of MDPI and/or the editor(s). MDPI and/or the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to people or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content.
© 2023 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Chung, S.Y.; Kim, G.-B.; Senapathi, V. Drought and Groundwater Development. Water 2023, 15, 1908. https://doi.org/10.3390/w15101908
Chung SY, Kim G-B, Senapathi V. Drought and Groundwater Development. Water. 2023; 15(10):1908. https://doi.org/10.3390/w15101908Chicago/Turabian Style
Chung, Sang Yong, Gyoo-Bum Kim, and Venkatramanan Senapathi. 2023. "Drought and Groundwater Development" Water 15, no. 10: 1908. https://doi.org/10.3390/w15101908