Risk Management of COVID-19 by Universities in China
2. Quick Response from Chinese Universities
2.1. Make Use of Alumni Resources and Raise Medical Supplies
2.2. Gather Medical Experts for Emergency Research
2.3. Provide Psychological Assistance to Help Social Stability
2.4. Controlling Personnel Flow and Innovative Teaching
3.1. Medical Support Raises the Risk of Infecting Medical Staff
3.2. Short-Term Research to Achieve Results Remains Untested
3.3. Quarantining of Student Groups Will Have a Devastating Impact on the Campus Economy
3.4. Problem-Applications of Information Technology in Teaching
4.1. Protect the Safety of Health Care Workers
4.2. Emergency Research and Sustainable Collaborative Research Network
4.3. Professional Advantage and Social Responsibility
4.4. Students in Communication Channels Can Help Social Stability
4.5. Implementation of Information-Based Teaching Using Different Curriculum Characteristics
Conflicts of Interest
- CCTV Net. 2020. South China Agricultural University: Pangolin-Carrying Strains Bear 99% Similarity to Novel Coronavirus. Available online: http://tv.cctv.com/2020/02/08/VIDEpmeVt0k8FgfRcty7yp8S200208.shtml (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- China Education Daily. 2019. Tribute to the Most Beautiful Retrograde! National University Medical Staff Helps Hubei | Special Attention. Available online: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/b2hYuSzBabppHq_XfK4hYw (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- Higher Education Bureau of Macau. 2020. Australian University Opens Online Resources to Help Students Study in Taiwan and Macau at Ease. Available online: https://news.gov.mo/detail/zh-hant/N20BLbkkI1?0&from=timeline (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- Huang, Chaolin, Yeming Wang, Xingwang Li, Lili Ren, Jianping Zhao, Yi Hu, Li Zhang, Guohui Fan, Jiuyang Xu, Xiaoying Gu, and et al. 2020. Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China. The Lancet 395: 497–506. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Luo, Yu-Meng, Wei Liu, Xiao-Guang Yue, and Marc A. Rosen. 2020. Sustainable Emergency Management Based on Intelligent Information Processing. Sustainability 12: 1081. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- ScienceNet News. 2020. Shanghai Jiaotong University Launches First Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia Project. Available online: http://news.sciencenet.cn/sbhtmlnews/2020/2/353226.shtm?id=353226 (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- Shaanxi Normal University. 2020. he First Mental Health Guidance Manual of the “War on Resistance to Epidemic” Was Formally Published by Our Publishing House. Available online: http://news.snnu.edu.cn/info/1012/22155.htm (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- Sina Financial News. 2020. Guarding the “Fight” of the “Native Family”: Huake Alumni Helped the Hubei to Fight the Epidemic, and Supplies Were Sent Directly to the Front-Line Departments. Available online: http://finance.sina.com.cn/wm/2020-02-08/doc-iimxyqvz1336454.shtml (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- Sina News. 2020. A Total of 68,500 Newly Diagnosed Cases of New Coronary Pneumonia Nationwide. Available online: http://news.sina.com.cn/o/2020-02-16/doc-iimxxstf1795268.shtml (accessed on 16 February 2020).
- Sohu News. 2020. New Discovery! Fecal-Oral Transmission of New Coronary Pneumonia. Available online: https://www.sohu.com/a/370157442_100013535 (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- Tencent News. 2020. The “Four Great Heavenly Kings” of China Medical Cares Were Dispatched, and 18,000 Medical Elites Entered Hubei, and They Must Win. Available online: https://new.qq.com/omn/20200212/20200212A060AE00.html (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- The Paper News. 2020. Speed of Life and Death | From New York to Wuhan, a 72-Hour Aid War “Outbreak”. Available online: https://www.thepaper.cn/newsDetail_forward_5742184 (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- The State Council of The People’s Republic of China. 2020. Li Keqiang Went to China CDC to Inspect the Scientific Research of Novel CORONAVIRUS infection Pneumonia Prevention and Control. Available online: http://www.gov.cn/guowuyuan/2020-01/30/content_5473244.htm (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- Tianjin University. 2020. Tianda Team and Enterprise Jointly Develop New Kit for Rapid Detection of Novel Coronavirus in 15 Minutes. Available online: http://www.tju.edu.cn/info/1026/2664.htm (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- Tsinghua University. 2020. Department of Psychology, Tsinghua University in action: “Combating Epidemics, Psychological Assistance” Emergency Public Welfare Project to Help Fight Epidemic. Available online: http://news.tsinghua.edu.cn/publish/thunews/10303/2020/20200202095132036222403/20200202095132036222403_.html (accessed on 11 February 2020).
- Wang, Chuanyi, and Qiang Zha. 2018. Measuring systemic diversity of Chinese universities: A clustering-method approach. Quality & Quantity 52: 1331–47. [Google Scholar]
- Wang, Chuanyi, Jiale Yang, Zhe Cheng, and Chaoqun Ni. 2019. Postgraduate Education of Board Members and R&D Investment—Evidence from China. Sustainability 11: 6524. [Google Scholar]
- Yue, Xiao-Guang, Xue-Feng Shao, Rita Yi Man Li, M. James C. Crabbe, Lili Mi, Siyan Hu, Julien S. Baker, and Gang Liang. 2020. Risk Management Analysis for Novel Coronavirus in Wuhan, China. Journal of Risk Financial Management 13: 22. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
© 2020 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Wang, C.; Cheng, Z.; Yue, X.-G.; McAleer, M. Risk Management of COVID-19 by Universities in China. J. Risk Financial Manag. 2020, 13, 36. https://doi.org/10.3390/jrfm13020036
Wang C, Cheng Z, Yue X-G, McAleer M. Risk Management of COVID-19 by Universities in China. Journal of Risk and Financial Management. 2020; 13(2):36. https://doi.org/10.3390/jrfm13020036Chicago/Turabian Style
Wang, Chuanyi, Zhe Cheng, Xiao-Guang Yue, and Michael McAleer. 2020. "Risk Management of COVID-19 by Universities in China" Journal of Risk and Financial Management 13, no. 2: 36. https://doi.org/10.3390/jrfm13020036