Assistant Professor—Linguistics, Applied Linguistics
Guilin City, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
31 Dec 2019
The School of Foreign Studies at Guilin University of Technology invites qualified applicants to apply for assistant professor positions in the areas of linguistics and applied linguistics. We seek candidates with teaching expertise and research scholarship in English language teaching and linguistics studies. Expertise in one or more of the following areas (theoretical linguistics, language teaching, psycholinguistics, cognitive linguistics, corpus linguistics and other interdisciplinary studies of language and linguistics) as well as experience with teaching core English language skills for academic and professional purposes (e.g., business, tourism, management, engineering) will be an asset. The successful applicants will be expected to teach courses primarily at the undergraduate level. Graduate level teaching may occur depending on departmental needs.
Applicants must have:
- A PhD in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or Second/Foreign Language Teaching and Learning by the date of application.
- Demonstrated expertise with pedagogical innovation (e.g., hybrid and on-line course delivery, pedagogical technologies, flipped classrooms).
- Native or near-native English proficiency for teaching and research.
- Excellent and demonstrated self-management skills, ability and willingness to work in a team.
- Pleasant life and job in a top ranked beautiful city in China.
- Hard-working and intelligent students to teach.
- Great team to work with.
- Competitive salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
Application: Interested applicants please send the following materials to Professor Kelin Quan at [email protected]
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes work experience, qualifications, teaching experience, research accomplishments. A full list of publications in APA format should be included.
- A statement of teaching philosophy and experience, evidence of teaching excellence (if applicable).
- A statement of research interests.
- Names, addresses, and email addresses of 2 academic referees.
For enquiries, interested applicants may contact Professor Kelin Quan, Director of the School of Foreign Studies, at the contact information provided below.
Professor Kelin Quan
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]