Special Issue "Biofuels R&D: Securing the Planet's Future Energy Needs"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 March 2008)
Prof. Dr. Clifford Louime
College of Natural Sciences, University of a Puerto Rico, Ave. Ponce de Leon, San Juan, PR, USA
Phone: 787-764-0000 Ext. 4718
Interests: Applications of Genomics Sciences to Bioenergy and the Environment
The value of biomass as a sustainable source of energy and carbon has been heralded for years. Despite the information available on enzyme systems and plant cell walls structure, application of this knowledge to biomass conversion into biofuels and useful chemicals has met with limited success. The goal of this special issue is to examine the stand of the latest available technologies to ensure a sustainable commercial use of biomass wastes.
Papers can also be submitted to a new MDPI journal: Energies.
Clifford Louime, Ph.D.
- Biomass Characterization & Analysis
- Characterization of biomass feedstock and products
- Process design
- Development of new methods and tools
- Biochemical Conversion Technologies
- Development of pretreatment technologies
- Cellulase Enzyme Development: e.g. basic science underlying enzymatic hydrolysis
- Strain Development: metabolic engineering techniques
- Thermochemical Conversion Technologies
- Gasification R&D
- Pyrolysis processes
- Biobased Product & Development
- Discovery, improvement, and development of conversion technologies
- Novel separation technologies
- Quantifying the quality and performance of biobased products