Topical Collection "Information Systems Security"
A topical collection in Future Internet (ISSN 1999-5903).
The outstanding increase in both the number and complexity of computer attacks in the last few years, as well as the large profit made by them, have led to new business models based on cybercrime. This encourages the emergence of new strains, and raises the demand of defensive technologies able to confront them. However, the development of countermeasures has become a real challenge for the research community. This is mainly due to the fact that the design of defenses is lagging behind that of intruders, and new strategies for prevention, detection, and mitigation, adapted to the new trends, are required.
In order to contribute to addressing these threats, this Special Issue intends to collect the current developments and the future directions on network security. Hence, we encourage authors to submit original papers related to these fields.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Databases and big data security
- Electronic commerce security and digital currencies
- E-mail security, spam, and fraud
- Grid and cloud computing security
- Internet security and applications
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Mobile computing security
- Multimedia forensics
- Network forensics
- Network steganography and steganalysis
- Peer-to-peer network security
- Penetration testing
- Secure system architectures
- Security protocols
- Sensor network security
- Trust and privacy
- Vehicular ad hoc networks security
Prof. Dr. Luis Javier Garcia Villalba
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the collection website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Future Internet is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 850 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- computer attack
- internet securit
- intrusion detection
- network security
- Cyber Warfare in Future Internet (5 articles)
- Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks in Future Internet (8 articles)
- IoT Security and Privacy in Future Internet (3 articles)
- Security Patterns in Industry in Future Internet
- Privacy in the Future Internet in Future Internet (3 articles)
- Internet Security in Future Internet (5 articles)
Jump to: 2016
Jump to: 2017