Special Issue "Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2008)
Prof. Daniele Riccio (Website)
Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Faculty of Engineering, University of Napoli Federico II, Via Claudio 21, 80125 Napoli, Italy
Interests: remote sensing; electromagnetic scattering; synthetic aperture radar; radar; microwave imaging
A new generation of Spaceborne Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) sensors is being operational to map, monitor and analyze the Earth: new available configurations and operational modes increase the flexibility of SAR sensors that are now able to obtain microwave 2-D images and data as well as 3-D interferometric products within a wide range of space and time resolution and coverage. This unprecedented development in the SAR sensors requires definition of new techniques and algorithms for SAR data usage as well as assessment of existing methods for SAR products exploitation. Hence, main purpose of this Special issue is to provide a reference of the SAR sensors and their operating characteristics, as well as to advance the exploitation of their data for monitoring applications.
The Special Issue is open to all researchers. Papers are solicited on:
- existing and future SAR and ISAR sensors;
- SAR data processing and simulation for 2-D images, polarimetric, interferometric and differential interferometric products;
- SAR data processing and simulation for Stripmap, Spotlight, Hybrid Strip-Spot, ScanSAR, Bistatic, operational modes;
- SAR data usage and information retrieval for application to land, ocean, urban areas, forestry, volcanoes, ice monitoring;
- SAR data elaboration, parameters estimation, and feature extraction for retrieval of value added information;
- integration of SAR data with other remote sensing products;
- use of SAR data in conjunction with demographic, social and economics data;
- comparison of SAR products with measurement on field campaigns and in situ data.
Prof. Dr. Daniele Riccio
- synthetic aperture radar
- remote sensing
- imaging radar
- earth observation
- spaceborne SAR
- airborne SAR
- shuttle imaging radar
- COSMO skymed