Special Issue "Nanomaterials for Imaging, Diagnosis or Therapy"
A special issue of Nanomaterials (ISSN 2079-4991).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2018
Prof. Dr. Ping-Shan Lai
We are launching a Special Issue in Nanomaterials (IF: 3.553) entitled “Nanomaterials for Imaging, Diagnosis or Therapy”. The utilization of nanomaterials in technologies for biomedical applications continues to represent an important area of academic and commercial research. There are numerous strategies by which the integration of nanomaterials can improve therapeutic or diagnostic/imaging performance. In addition, the advanced fundamental understanding of interactions among biological molecules, immune response and nanomaterials is critical for the development of future medicine. Thus, this special issue aims to cover a broad range of subjects from nanomaterials synthesis to the design and characterization of biomaterials for drug delivery, imaging/diagnosis or therapy of diseases. Development of novel biotechnologies or strategies with high safety against cancer will be given priority. The format of welcomed articles includes full papers, communications and reviews. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Nanomaterials synthesis and development for drug delivery.
- Synthesis and development of nanomaterials for cancer theranostics
- Nanochips, nanofluidics and nanofabrication for diagnosis or disease screening.
- Design and preparation of hybrid biomaterials or nanocomposites for drug implant.
- Contrast agents and biomedical imaging technologies for diagnosis.
- Drug conjugation or immobilization technologies for bioconjugates development.
- In vivo monitoring of nanocarriers and drug release/accumulation profile in target site.
- Effects of particles size, morphology and surface properties on biodistribution.
- Nanomaterials for regenerative medicine
- Development of nanomaterials for bioanalysis.
Prof. Dr. Ping-Shan Lai
Prof. Dr. Akihiro Kishimura
Prof. Dr. Mu-Ping Nieh
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nanomaterials is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Drug delivery
- Controlled release
- Contrast agents
- Biomedical imaging
- Biosensing and bioanalysis
- Regenerative medicine