Special Issue "Functional Materials- From Functional Hybrid Materials to Functional Polymers"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (1 June 2008)
Prof. Dr. Helmut Rosemeyer
Organic Materials Chemistry - Bioorganic Chemistry, Institute of Chemistry, University of Osnabrück, Barbarastr. 7, 49069 Osnabrück, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)541 969 2789
Fax: +49 (0)541 969 2370
Interests: nucleosides; nucleotides; nucleic acids; nucleolipids; nucleolipoplexes
Prof. Dr. Andreas Taubert
Institute of Chemistry, University of Potsdam, Building 26, Rm. 2.64, Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 24-25, D-14476 Golm, Germany
Phone: +49 331 977 5773
Fax: +49 331 977 5055
Interests: inorganic materials synthesis in ionic liquids; functional ionic liquids-hybrid materials; self-assembling polymers, peptides & nanoparticles; calcium phosphate materials; silica hybrid materials; iron oxide materials; metal-peptide frameworks; materials for metallic implants
Research and development of novel functional hybrid materials and nanocomposites with extraordinary functionalities has become one of the most expanding fields in materials chemistry during recent years. One reason for this is that this class of research bridges various scientific disciplines. In an interdisciplinary manner, inorganic and organic chemistry, physical and biological sciences are united in the search for novel methods to create unique materials. The compounds formed often possess exciting new properties for future functional meterials and technological applications. The forthcoming special issues of the "International Journal of Molecular Sciences" shall meet the requirements for an actual overview over this most interesting research discipline.
Prof. Dr. Helmut Rosemeyer
Leading Papers and Reviews
- Hybrid Materials - Synthesis, Characteriztion and Applications; Kickelbick, G., Ed.; Wiley-VCH: Weinheim, 2007.
- Rao, C.N.R.; Müller, A.; Cheetham, A.K. The Chemistry of Nanomaterials, Synthesis; Properties and Applications; Wiley-VCH: Weinheim, 2004; Vol. 1 and 2.
- Nanofabrication Towards Biomedical Applications, Techniques, Tools, Applications and Impact; Challa, S.S.; Kumar, R.; Hormes, J.; Leuschner C., Eds.; Wiley-VCH: Weinheim, 2005
- Functional Hybrid Materials; Gomez-Romero, P.; Sanchez, C., Eds.; Wiley-VCH: Weinheim, 2004
- Bioelectronics, From Theory to Applications; Willner, I.; Katz, E.,Eds.; Wiley-VCH: Weinheim, 2005
- Nanobiotechnology, Concepts, Applications and Perspectives; Niemeyer, C.M.; Mirkin, C.A., Eds.; Wiley-VCH: Weinheim, 2004
- Rosemeyer, H. Nucleolipids: Natural Occurrence, Synthesis, Molecular Recognition, and Supramolecular Assemblies as Potential Precursors of Life and Bioorganic Materials. Chemistry & Biodiversity, 2005, 2, 977-1063.
- Storhoff, J.J.; Mirkin, C.A. Programmed Materials Synthesis with DNA. Chem. Rev. 1999, 99, 1849-1862.
- nano-structured hybrid organic-inorganic materials
- conducting organic polymers
- sensors and biosensors
- self-assembling low-molecular weight molecules
- polymers in medicine
- characterisation of nanoparticles
- natural and artificial hybrid biomaterials
- medical, optical, electronic, and electrochemical applications of hybrid materials
- self-disinfecting surfaces
- hydro- and organogelators.
Article: Noncovalently Modified Carbon Nanotubes with Carboxymethylated Chitosan: A Controllable Donor-Acceptor Nanohybrid
Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2008, 9(2), 120-130; doi:10.3390/ijms9020120
Received: 4 January 2008; Accepted: 31 January 2008 / Published: 5 February 2008| Download PDF Full-text (475 KB) | Download XML Full-text
Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2008, 9(3), 383-393; doi:10.3390/ijms9030383
Received: 30 November 2007; in revised form: 30 January 2008 / Accepted: 29 February 2008 / Published: 18 March 2008| Download PDF Full-text (603 KB) | Download XML Full-text
Article: Supramolecular Layer-by-Layer Assembly of 3D Multicomponent Nanostructures via Multivalent Molecular Recognition
Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2008, 9(4), 486-497; doi:10.3390/ijms9040486
Received: 8 February 2008; in revised form: 26 March 2008 / Accepted: 31 March 2008 / Published: 4 April 2008| Download PDF Full-text (4010 KB) | Download XML Full-text
Review: Phosphorescent Organic Light-Emitting Devices: Working Principle and Iridium Based Emitter Materials
Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2008, 9(8), 1527-1547; doi:10.3390/ijms9081527
Received: 11 July 2008; in revised form: 1 August 2008 / Accepted: 1 August 2008 / Published: 26 August 2008| Download PDF Full-text (607 KB) | Download XML Full-text
Article: A Novel Co-polymer Based on Hydroxypropyl α-Cyclodextrin Conjugated to Low Molecular Weight Polyethylenimine as an in Vitro Gene Delivery Vector
Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2008, 9(11), 2278-2289; doi:10.3390/ijms9112278
Received: 31 May 2008; in revised form: 4 November 2008 / Accepted: 7 November 2008 / Published: 21 November 2008| Download PDF Full-text (578 KB) | Download XML Full-text
Last update: 26 February 2014