Special Issue "Environment and Health - Bridging South, North, East and West: Proceedings from the ISEE, ISES and ISIAQ Conference 2013"
A special issue of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 March 2014)
Prof. Dr. Annette Peters
Helmholtz Zentrum München, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute of Epidemiology II, Ingolstädter Landstr. 1 , D-85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Interests: air pollution; nanoparticles; urban environments; climate change; cardiovascular disease; diabetes; aging, gene-environment interaction; metabolomics; epigenetics
This special issue is open for submissions of papers presented at the Environment and Health - Bridging South, North, East and West: the ISEE, ISES and ISIAQ Conference 2013, Basel, Switzerland, 20-23 August 2013.
Papers submitted to this special edition of the IJERPH will undergo the standard peer-review procedure of the IJERPH. Accepted papers will be published as part of the regular issues of the IJERPH and collected together on this special issue website. Published papers will be indexed by the SCIE (Web of Science) and PubMed.
- Assessing exposure to indoor and ambient air pollution, noise, chemicals, toxic waste and electromagnetic fields and evaluating long term health impact
- Methodological challenges for global environmental epidemiology
- Environmental risks in the context of rapid urbanization in resource-poor settings
- Environmental susceptibility and resilience due to genes, co-morbidities, and socio-cultural and socio-economic factors
- Life course environmental epidemiology
- Linking science and policy through impact assessment
- Indoor and outdoor environmental interventions to improve health
- Water, sanitation and health linkages
- Linkages between agriculture, environment and diseases of poverty
- Identifying and modeling the impacts of and options for managing the environment and health risks of climate variability and change
- Health impacts of natural resources development and management (e.g. extractive industry, water-resource developments)
Prof. Dr. Annette Peters
Prof. Dr. Nino Kuenzli
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. Papers will be published continuously (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are refereed through a peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health is an international peer-reviewed Open Access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The participants of the conference benefit of a 20% discount on the Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication of a paper in this open access journal (1120 CHF instead of 1400 CHF).