Special Issue "Metal Foams 2013"
A special issue of Metals (ISSN 2075-4701).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2014)
Prof. Dr. Afsaneh Rabiei
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695-7910, USA
Website | E-Mail
Interests: processing, characterization and failure analysis of advanced materials such as: metallic foams; coatings and thin films; composites; materials for MEMS structures; shape memory alloys; bio-materials/materials for biomedical applications; surface modification and novel classes of materials and alloys
We are pleased to invite original manuscripts related to metal foams on the area of:
- Processing methods
- Properties and evaluation
- Modeling of structure and related properties.
- Secondary operations (joining, coating, machining, shaping, etc.)
- Physics of foaming, pore nucleation, pore growth and coalescence, and foam stabilization.
- Challenging applications and case studies including component design criteria.
- Porous biomaterials and nanoporous structures.
- Fluid, heat, and mass transfer in porous metals and metal foams.
- Miscellaneous topics related to metal foams.
Dr. Afsaneh Rabiei
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Metals is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- shape metal foams
- processing of metal foams
- characterization of properties of metal foams
- modeling of properties of metal foams
- secondary operation on metal foams
- physics of foaming
- heat and fluid transfer in metal foams