Special Issue "New Perspectives in Intelligent Transportation Systems and Mobile Communications towards a Smart Cities Context"
A special issue of Future Internet (ISSN 1999-5903).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 May 2018
Dr. Alessandro Severino
Faculty of Engineering and Architecture – Kore University of Enna, Italy
Interests: intelligent transportation systems; traffic light management; inter-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications; traffic operations management and control
Dr. Antonino Canale
Future smart cities will be based, both, on intelligent transportation solutions and smart information and communication technologies. For this reason, these topics have attracted considerable interest in the research and development of smarter communication protocols. In fact, in recent years, important advancements in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) have been found in the evolution of in-vehicle systems by the application of artificial intelligence, in the connection of in-vehicle devices by wireless networks, and in in-vehicle services for autonomous driving using high-precision positioning and sensing systems. Furthermore, there has also been a meaningful improvement in mobile ad hoc and sensor networks and ubiquitous services in the area of mobile communications. It is clear that a sound synergy between ITS solutions and mobile communications can concretely open new perspectives for future smart cities.
This Special Issue solicits the submission of high-quality and unpublished papers that aim to solve open technical problems and challenges typical of mobile communications for ITS, integrating novel approaches efficiently, and focusing on the performance evaluation and comparison with existing solutions. Both theoretical and experimental studies for typical and future ITS scenarios are encouraged. Furthermore, also high-quality review and survey papers are welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for Transportation Systems
- Smart Decision Systems (e.g., expert systems and intelligent agents)
- Control Systems (e.g., adaptive, fuzzy, cooperative, neuro) for Transportation Networks
- Driver and Traveler Support Systems
- Renewable Energy-Based Vehicles for Green Transportation
- Traffic Operations Management and Control
- New Traffic Control Concepts that promote communications-based traffic control
- Green Mobility and Intelligent Transportation Technology
- Inter-vehicle and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Communications
- Future Network Architecture for Green Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Energy Efficiency Content Delivery over Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Internet of Vehicles (IoV) for improving ITS
- Green and Sustainable Storage Designs for Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Trust, Security, and Privacy in Transportation Network
- Context and Location-Aware Intelligent Transportation Systems
Prof. Giovanni Pau
Dr. Alessandro Severino
Dr. Antonino Canale
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Future Internet is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 850 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.